What's new

Wish I had a bike here ...

The wife and I loved our trip to the Emerald Isle. What a BEAUTIFUL country, great food, friendly people.
But switching lanes on a bike.... I damned near killed us in a car!
kilmore_cathedral.jpg

I was fine riding in England as long as there was traffic but when I was on the road without traffic I would be in the wrong lane and some idiot would then appear driving toward me in my lane and then I would realize that I was the idiot!

Reading this thread reminds me of the era when Brits bikes went away from right-foot shifters to what the rest of the world used, LEFT FOOT SHIFTERS. It won't happen in my lifetime but I hope the day comes when everyone drives a left hand drive car and drives on the right!

There. I said it. Let the flaming begin. :fitz

Last edited:
Reading this thread reminds me of the era when Brits bikes went away from right-foot shifters to what the rest of the world used, LEFT FOOT SHIFTERS. It won't happen in my lifetime but I hope the day comes when everyone drives a left hand drive car and drives on the right!

There. I said it. Let the flaming begin. :fitz
Yeah / Nah.
Right / Left sound right.

Next time I go to NZ, there will be a bike involved. The GF did not appreciate my hooliganisum in the motorhome at all.

Back
Top Bottom