What's new

Wolf Creek Rentals (Townsend TN)

MVI

MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
I might have a free day next week to rent a DRZ/GS and do some riding on Wed.

Anyone have any experiance with Wolf Creek rentals ?

Anyone local to Knoxville/Alcoa/Towsend that wants to do some back road riding ?

Do NOT go near Cades Cove, Parsons, Deals Gap, anything near NW slope SMNP.

Tellico Plains and up stream Tellico River.

Definitely a nice area. Was there about a month ago with the 300SM. There was a closure of a Foothills Parkway section then.

I've been riding in the Brevard area for the past two days. Gotta head back tomorrow morning. The riding here has been AWESOME. I'll be coming back another time.

Rode this hoopty today

PXL_20220927_212555677.jpg

HOG rally is on this week here

Check out the mfg plates

PXL_20220927_214720909.jpg

Do NOT go near Cades Cove, Parsons, Deals Gap, anything near NW slope SMNP.
Why? Fires or Smoke?

we are leaving Townsend in the morning then plan to head south to deals gap. Do the loop thru Robbinsville, and then back thru Deals Gap thru the SM and cut off to 441 and onto Townsend again

we think it is a 5-6 hour loop.

I'll be on a smaller GS 700 for this trip. I dont think I need the power of a GS 800 or GS 1250 for road work.

Next Year I promise to plan better and ride with EGR or KYwoodsrider to see the real back roads.

Why? Fires or Smoke?

we are leaving Townsend in the morning then plan to head south to deals gap. Do the loop thru Robbinsville, and then back thru Deals Gap thru the SM and cut off to 441 and onto Townsend again

we think it is a 5-6 hour loop.
Probability of heavy tourist traffic. Beginning of Leaf Peeper season. LEO both sides have extra grant money to clamp down - hard- on Gap and Cherohala.

Any day any way I would explore Tellico/Bald River basin over the touron roads ;)

I'd avoid Cades Cove because there's nothing for a motorcyclist there and there's a good chance of getting stuck on a road blocked with cars stopped because someone spotted a deer. If you're not from the area then Deals Gap is something you should do. Once is enough though since there are plenty of great roads in the area with less traffic. Deals Gap won't be too busy on a weekday this late in the season especially if you go through in the morning. Stay away on weekends. The Cherohala never gets busy and it's a phenomenal road. I'd suggest heading down 68 to 60 and on to Suches, GA then pick up 180 heading east out of Suches. Depending on how many miles you want to do you could take 180 to the Unicoi Turnpike then back north or from 180 take 348 to Helen, GA. When you get to Helen turn north - don't go into Helen, it's a tourist hell hole but 348 is a great road.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVI
I Highly recommend the steak and trout for dinner

5B68A352-2DA7-4560-8420-72F2A186CCAE.jpeg

surf and turf was excellent. Potato soup as a starter also was top knotch
PXL_20220928_203904523.jpg

Last edited:
Fun little bike

PXL_20220928_143525920.jpg
Honestly, there are apostates who think that on real mountain paved donkey cart roads such a machine es mejor de todos. Our two-up moto en España
C49429E3-1C68-4561-8E10-8E9E4E9B63DB.jpeg

Reactions: MVI
1664497697362.png

buddy sent this to me, I guess I need to go online and look at the offerings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom