What's new

Would you buy a scooter to save $?

I believe a PCX can be all you need. The latest model is highway legal (and capable IMO). It's small enough to let you go and park anywhere and you can't beat it for practicality. It's okay 2 up and has some of the best gas mileage around.

Now when I came back from Hawaii (my wife stayed behind for a couple of months) all I had was a GROM for several months. If I could only have one vehicle and it had to be a 2 wheeled vehicle, it would be a GROM. Not my Trail, not a regular size motorcycle, not a scooter.

The grom seems to be the best minimoto choice.. on price. Tires and bar risers is probably all the mods I would want.

Scooters saved money on tires for me but my manual transmission bikes usually got more mpg. My ct70 clone 125cc is easy on tires and gets a 100mpg. My vino 125 rides like a Cadillac and can dip below 70mpg running with traffic. But the vino has crazy amounts of storage.

The grom seems to be the best minimoto choice.. on price. Tires and bar risers is probably all the mods I would want.

Scooters saved money on tires for me but my manual transmission bikes usually got more mpg. My ct70 clone 125cc is easy on tires and gets a 100mpg. My vino 125 rides like a Cadillac and can dip below 70mpg running with traffic. But the vino has crazy amounts of storage.
For great gas mileage and easy to service it's hard to beat a minimoto but for practicality a scooter wins out for me. My most common scooter ride is a trip to the grocery store. Between the underseat storage and tail box I can stash all my riding gear as i walk into the store and then I can carry a LOT of groceries home. While I would love to have a mini moto like a Grom, there is no way it could do what I do with my scooter.

Top Bottom Back Refresh