What's new

XT250 Thread

jwaller

Member Number
Since no one else has started one yet....

Screenshot 2022-02-09 9.47.06 PM.png

Great bikes, they just need a suspension upgrade to be great off road!
Great throttle response on the FI bikes!

Agreed on the throttle response. I thoroughly enjoy our FI XT. I haven’t ridden it offroad since we went to the 13-tooth front. It makes the already hilariously wrong speedo now shockingly, OMG-how-can-this-be wrong. But whatever, I like the bike a lot.

The original fork gaiters started just falling apart a couple weeks ago

CF61038E-172E-40DC-BABB-0F85BBE9E453.jpeg

But new ones came in

Attachments

• 1F823F59-5BA1-4121-848D-47DD6385E57B.jpeg
    1F823F59-5BA1-4121-848D-47DD6385E57B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
My last ride of the weekend. After three days of this, I was tired, and it was also over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. But I wanted to see if I could beat a time I set earlier in the day, at 42 minutes. Unfortunately, the heat got to me, as well as my lack of fitness and it took me 44 minutes to complete the loop.

Trying out the Shinko MX216 Fat Tyre Cheater on the front, replacing the Tusk DSport that's been on there. I never really liked the DSport front tire in the sand. I've kept the DSport rear. I've got no complaints with it.
b979efff-c17e-475e-83f9-9439ec293176-jpeg.jpg
61ef219e-080f-465c-aeec-e1dccf263c14-jpeg.jpg
036b4f6e-8f34-4caf-961a-e92ca8924288-jpeg.jpg

I’ll try to get out and get an impression on them in the sand sometime in the next couple of days. They feel alright in the neighborhood. I’m keeping the Tusk DSport rear tire.

I'm not expecting much in terms of mileage from the Cheater. It's super soft and gummy. It should really hook up well in the dirt. I spend most of my time riding dirt and not pavement, so it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

I sold my Monkey (not picked up or paid for yet) and am looking for an XT.
I have been tempted by some used Himalayans close by for good prices, but 400 pounds!

Yamaha can not seem to stock these bikes, or any bikes really, they seem the worst of any major brand with nothing in the showrooms at all!
Why?

I sold my Monkey (not picked up or paid for yet) and am looking for an XT.
I have been tempted by some used Himalayans close by for good prices, but 400 pounds!

Yamaha can not seem to stock these bikes, or any bikes really, they seem the worst of any major brand with nothing in the showrooms at all!
Why?
No idea why the delays are so bad with these things. We bought our XT in the middle of Covid. It required patience, but eventually paid off. It does seem like overall people are headed toward smaller, lighter bikes--maybe that's part of the crunch for these?

Reactions: MVI
No idea why the delays are so bad with these things. We bought our XT in the middle of Covid. It required patience, but eventually paid off. It does seem like overall people are headed toward smaller, lighter bikes--maybe that's part of the crunch for these?
Someone else in another forum made a comment about the Japanese commitment to Just In Time manufacturing and how rigidly they adhere to it. Not having a surplus inventory of parts means that when there is a kink in the supply chain, the end product manufacturer really suffers.

JIT manufacturing has historically helped the Japanese companies be more efficient and cost effective compared to their American and European counterparts, but in this case, it might have been their Achilles.

Back
Top Bottom