What's new

Yamaha Super Tenere info, discussion, etc.

I have a Rumbux on mine. It is one of the few systems that don't connect directly to the engine. They are out of business now. I am not sure what is out there now, since the Rumbux went on my bike back in 2013. If you are only going to be riding easier stuff it probably doesn't matter what you use. I would search around on here and see what people are using these days:

I had a Rumbux on my 2012. The thing is built like a bomb shelter. For me likely overkill, but I never worried about damaging anything on the bike when it was there. Today I'm riding a different Tenere and have an Altrider plate. Nowhere near as substantial as the Rumbux, but seems to be working well for me.

I had a Rumbux on my 2012. The thing is built like a bomb shelter. For me likely overkill, but I never worried about damaging anything on the bike when it was there. Today I'm riding a different Tenere and have an Altrider plate. Nowhere near as substantial as the Rumbux, but seems to be working well for me.
These days I am using my S10 as pretty much a street bike and the Rumbux is way overkill but it's on there and I plan keeping my 2012 so it stays bomb proof for now.

What road is this?
I don't know - it didn't have a name or number on a sign and wasn't on my gps either - just some dirt road in Wyoming off of Route 26 south of Dubois, WY.
Wyoming has these roads all over the place, used mostly by ranchers. I followed this one for about 25 miles and never saw where it went. Was worried about running out of fuel so I had to turn around.
Here's another one...
IMG_6688.JPG

I don't know - it didn't have a name or number on a sign and wasn't on my gps either - just some dirt road in Wyoming off of Route 26 south of Dubois, WY.
Wyoming has these roads all over the place, used mostly by ranchers. I followed this one for about 25 miles and never saw where it went. Was worried about running out of fuel so I had to turn around.
Here's another one...
IMG_6688.JPG
If the new Wyoming BDR is anything like these photos its going to be awesome.

If the new Wyoming BDR is anything like these photos its going to be awesome.
It's gotta be good, I'd think. I don't even know if these roads are on public or private land as there no signs at all. Going to have to go back and ride them until the end just to see what's there.

Here's another one...
IMG_6688.JPG

Looks like fun! A long way from anywhere.

What is going on under the Panniers ? Massive Super Tanker Fuel Cell ??

1649597065690.png
Correct, extra fuel. I had roto packs but the weight was behind the rear. I wanted the weight as low as possible and in front of rear axle. That pic was 1st generation. Below is 2nd gen. Gives me an extra 5 gallons.
20200802_133825.jpg

20200802_191246.jpg

Correct, extra fuel. I had roto packs but the weight was behind the rear. I wanted the weight as low as possible and in front of rear axle. That pic was 1st generation. Below is 2nd gen. Gives me an extra 5 gallons.
20200802_133825.jpg

20200802_191246.jpg

Prior to our Alaska trip , I made a much larger fuel tank for the 2012 ST

Stock Tank, Left
MVI Tank, Right

ScreenHunter 397.png

The original Idea was to have enough fuel onboard the ST to keep up with my wife on her fuel sipping V-Strom, So we had the same range between fuel stops in AK.

Prior to our Alaska trip , I made a much larger fuel tank for the 2012 ST

Stock Tank, Left
MVI Tank, Right

ScreenHunter 397.png

The original Idea was to have enough fuel onboard the ST to keep up with my wife on her fuel sipping V-Strom, So we had the same range between fuel stops in AK.
Looks like nice work. Any pics on the bike?
The S10 does great with fuel milage having a liter+ motor size. If going 50 MPH (Arctic dirt roads), I can get 300+ miles per tank. I added the extra fuel tanks in case I got a bad batch of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Comforting to know I had an extra fill-up just in case. The extra range was also a plus. I enjoyed having the freedom to explore a side road without the worry if there would be a town along the way. As you know in Alaska, many side roads are a 50 mile dead end ride.

Not sure if this thread is more a general S10 or technical. A very brief tech comment. Let me know if anyone wants more specifics.
Basically, I have 75,000 miles on my S10 and saw wear on the gear coupler more than 1 time. After I replaced coupler 1 time and the damage happened again, I went with plan B for permanent fix. Nothing more than an annoying dark spot where rear end bolts to swing arm at weep hole location but still a small loss of oil that I wanted fixed.
This is the coupler I am referring to.
SharedScreenshot.jpg

What I found was the seal would cut a groove in the coupler. Here is the 2nd coupler (brand new OEM) installed with more than enough grease and 35,000 miles.
20191229_150314.jpg

I turned Ø50 to Ø48, machined a 17-4SS sleeve, installed and re-machined back to Ø50.
20191229_172815.jpg

20191229_172944.jpg

20191229_175827.jpg

Here is 18,000 miles on fix.
20210102_113136.jpg

Very interesting. My bike has 60K on it and I have never had any of the drive train apart.

Reactions: MVI
Back
Top Bottom