What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

Yeah this might be the saving grace of it. No leaks so far fortunately, and no clue how long it's been there for, but that's what I'll be doing. Been meaning to get a list of fork tools together also along with some extra seals, so I better get on that.
You don't need any special tools. Seals are pretty easy. Since yours aren't leaking, I would just polish the scratch and run it.

Yeah it is scoring. It's under the guard, so only thing I can think of is maybe a rock got wedged in there for a bit.
If you can feel it with a fingernail it will weep when the seal goes past that area. If it's not causing problems, forget about it. But I have had good luck filling these with super glue or epoxy. Clear epoxy, not the JBWeld type stuff with metallic filler in it. Dress it down with 600 grit or one of those sanding board things like ladies use for their fingernails. Those things are great.

If you can feel it with a fingernail it will weep when the seal goes past that area. If it's not causing problems, forget about it. But I have had good luck filling these with super glue or epoxy. Clear epoxy, not the JBWeld type stuff with metallic filler in it. Dress it down with 600 grit or one of those sanding board things like ladies use for their fingernails. Those things are great.
Seals haven't wept, and it passes the fingernail test, so I might have lucked out. I think for the time being I'm going to let it be. I've been using most of the compression, so if it hasn't been an issue by now, hopefully it won't be. All the same I'll be getting some parts, and I'll keep this trick in mind.

Good evening to all !!

Here is my pride, the Tenere 700 with a recent change in full body exhaust, filter and program.

+5.5 horses that didn't spoil us at all!

The sound from the camera does not accurately reflect the sound of the exhaust, but what did we do!

well, at the next video i hope that i capture the sound more accurate...

i already order one zoom h1n recorder.

i'll see !

The diamond finger nail files are beyond impressive. File down anything.

Top Bottom Back Refresh