What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

yeah it was definitely the "smarter" move, and I love the DR, but I've also ridden MT07's and know what "could have been" with that engine in a dual sport frame. haha
Hah owned an MT07 back in 2018-2019, and the very first thing I thought with it was "Man, this engine would make for an awesome adv bike!"

Now:
20220110_070201.jpg

Turns out, I was right!

Really like the T7, and perhaps someday one will find it's way under me. But I'm not into Yamaha's currents games with it's dealers. They took the franchise away from my local dealer that had been with them for 30 years. Some of the same crap Harley did back in the 90s. I'll never own a Harley because of it. I do just love seeing all these ads these days for things I can't get.

Sorry rant over, and to all of you who have managed to score one congrats and enjoy. I'm a bit envious.

Some traction Screws might be useful if he does not want to wait for the spring thaw :hide

1644758412633.png

Last edited:
Friend's '22 just arrived at the dealer Thursday afternoon. It's going to stay in the crate for another month, as he doesn't want to haul it home until the weather is better.
1644726787424.png

Purdy!!

That's the same model and color I just rode yesterday. We just unboxed it and did PDI on it. Very nice running bike! :thumb

With 20,000km done on the T7, my favourite mod would have to be the R6 throttle cam. Removing the windshield comes in at a close second place. The AXP skid plate is an excellent product, I have beat it up quite significantly and it is holding up very well, mounts up great. All my mileage was with 140 rears on the stock rim, no problems whatsoever although I tend not to air down too much. I really want to try this bike out on a set of narrow rims, and if I had the cashflow I would grab the Acerbis tank and try to get some of the fuel weight lower on the bike. Excited for the next 20,000km and looking forward to seeing everyone's sweet rigs. Cheers.

Seems you may as well just get on a list now, as it may take another 2 years before you can score a new one, or are OK with paying over MSRP for used. Strange times with Yamaha. Heck, I'm still amazed I scored mine last year.

Lightweight mods....
PXL_20220206_204010377-XL.jpg
I wanna know how you got that heavy thing up on a MX stand 😳

Did my first tire change yesterday at 5400 miles. Both wheels are Outexed. Shinko 804 Front and Mitas E07 rear. I have used this combo on my S10 and AT with good results for where and how I use my bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_125528547.jpg
    IMG_20220315_125528547.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220315_140359559.jpg
    IMG_20220315_140359559.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Simmons1 I've always wondered how the OUTEX holds up when tightening spokes ? Any issues over the years on your fleet?

I make sure the spokes are good before the install. To be honest I haven't had to adjust any spokes on the AT and the T7 is a fresh install.

Tilted the bike on the side stand, got the mx stand partially under it, then did a squat lift while holding rear wheel\back of bike. Wasn't too bad. Getting off the thing was a little trickier, but I managed without getting hurt. :lol3
You're a beast. I don't even lift my 520 up. Got me one of those fancy stands with a foot pedal 😂😂

Did my first tire change yesterday at 5400 miles. Both wheels are Outexed. Shinko 804 Front and Mitas E07 rear. I have used this combo on my S10 and AT with good results for where and how I use my bikes.
Just read the info about this product on their site and it states the front wheel on the T7 doesn’t have the safety bead, did you need to do anything different for the install?

Just read the info about this product on their site and it states the front wheel on the T7 doesn’t have the safety bead, did you need to do anything different for the install?
Install is the same. If you Outex the front or not depends on your level of comfort with running tubeless with no safety bead or not.

My thoughts are that in my experience I have had very few front flats, and those I have had the tube was damaged enough to cause a rapid loss of air. On the other hand, all l flats I have had on any bike running tubeless have had a much slower loss of air.

If you hit something hard enough to taco a rim all bets are off.

I use a TPSM to monitor air pressure and don't air down very much to help keep from bending a wheel.

My Africa Twin which also has no safety bead on the front wheel has been Outexed for near 20K miles now.

Have a "refundable" deposite in at 2 different dealers. One i'm #16 and he is supposed to have 12 bikes by June, the other I'm #1 and he is supposed to have 1 bike mid/late April. We'll see

Top Bottom Back Refresh