What's new

Your bike in front of the po-po...

Rectaltronics

Member Number
In the spirit of all these "your bike" threads I thought it would be great to recall those fun times that our shenanigans were frowned upon by members of law enforcement.

Oh, c'mon, you know you've all done it! But, how many of you had the brass to whip out a big SLR and take pictures while they were writing you up?!

I'll start with this ticket in Ohio... (sorry, VERY old film scan from the '80s)

For some inexplicable reason Officer Chawspit was convinced that doing 70+ on a rural deer-filled two-lane with dense fog, at night, maybe five yards of visibility and occasional drizzle was not "safe". And his statement of dissatisfaction was punctuated by spittting every five words or so.

1657645245742.png

Last edited:
My best story of cops chasing me on my CBX when I was running about 100 while late to work even though I was not aware they were back there (they were coming up an on-ramp when I went by, taught mew to look back when I went past on-ramps above legal speed from then on), and them blocking the gate after I pulled into my workplace once they finally caught up to me (only because I'd gotten off the interstate and slowed down to local road speed downtown Tampa), and them waiting while pissed because I parked my bike and walked into the shop to punch in since the reason I was doing what I'd been doing was BECAUSE I was running late... and the gratuitous statement they made when I got back to my bike after hitting the clock - "the only reason you're not going to the crossbar hotel is because you work here" - happened well before cell phones and I rarely took my 35mm SLR to work at the City of Tampa Police garage. So it went unrecorded, except in the memories of all my coworkers and a handful of Tampa cops who happened to be in the garage that morning. Hell, if it had been Tampa cops chasing me I'd never have even gotten the reckless driving ticket, it was County Sheriffs. But, if I hadn't worked there I'd also have been out a lot of money for the day because a TPD cop who bought a used bike from my father saw the ticket in my shirt pocket a few days later while I was deciding if I wanted to set a court date, asked what happened, told me to wait until he got back to me and... well, let's just say the State Attorney's office owed him a favor, so it was like it never happened. :D

This bike
1979 CBX.jpg

This garage
scan0072.jpg

Some of these remind me of Xenforo's need for an LOL button. Thanks folks! Hey Yinzer Moto I hope Officer Barbrady cut ya' some slack!

Yeah, I just got a warning. After pulling me over, the officer notice my license plate was on upside down because the 2 upper mounting points on the plate had cracked a week earlier. I got real close to loosing the plate.

I got pulled over in Jackson Hole WY for standing while riding. We were returning from finishing the TAT and I told the officer we have been riding for a month and my ass hurt. I was told I should buy a Harley. :imaposer

23829304-6579-4213-9672-43D93BBBEE2A.jpeg

No Photos, but I also got warning for standing while riding.

Officer said if you stand up and sit down in one motion to stretch, most wont write you a ticket, but they can. Riding on the pegs for a duration of time is Verboten

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can be ticketed for standing on your pegs? What is the reasoning behind this law? I stand up all the time (WRR has a hard seat) but I guess I've never stood up in front of the po-po :loco

Yup, State by State, Check your regs.

Texas is a no go for standing, book says must be operated from a seated position.

I'll be damned. Kansas is just as wacky...

(b) A person shall ride upon a motorcycle only while sitting astride the seat, facing forward, with one leg on each side of the motorcycle. This subsection shall not apply to any person riding within an autocycle.

Maybe I'll get to post a picture in this thread someday :uhoh

Oh how I wish cell phones were out when I was last pulled over by the Po Po. I'd have a beautiful photo of the Officer pinned to the ground with the hot cylinder head of my CX500 on his leg while the older Reserve Officer tried unsuccessfully to lift up the bike. I felt bad and offered to do it, really I did, but they refused to unlock the back door of the patrol car to let me out. He finally squirmed out from under, but it didn't help improve his mood.

Oh how I wish cell phones were out when I was last pulled over by the Po Po. I'd have a beautiful photo of the Officer pinned to the ground with the hot cylinder head of my CX500 on his leg while the older Reserve Officer tried unsuccessfully to lift up the bike. I felt bad and offered to do it, really I did, but they refused to unlock the back door of the patrol car to let me out. He finally squirmed out from under, but it didn't help improve his mood.
Any video from the patrol car or from the officers' lapel cams?

Maybe you can subpoena the footage.

Should make some epic TikTok clips!

Back
Top Bottom