What's new

YZ125 Not an adv bike but an Adventure to own

Do you happen to recall the powervalve setting on the Beta?
I find a very noticeable difference on mine when playing with that screw.
I can easily notice 1/2 of a turn.
With 3.5 available turns of adjustment, the bikes go from fast revving to lug with the simple spin of a 5mm allen key.
Turned all the way in, it feels like a baby 300. Flush with the case it feels like a 150 with some more bottom end.

I never looked at the PV setting. It was a friends bike and I rode it up some hills for him on a couple rides.

So.. About three weeks ago, We brought home a '23 125x.(Son's mom just bought it for him. lucky kid) We have about ten hours on it already. I have only rode it twice. But my first impression is good. First off it is a handsome bike. It has a lot more power at the bottom of the rev range than the '01 but is not as playful at the top. It is still tall and has more of a track bike feel versus a trail bike. In true YZ fashion , it rips!! Fun and nimble as hell. It feels like there is a bit less rake than the '01 but I haven't looked.
Suspension is nice but on the stiff side, The dealer set it up for my sons weight and style
It will be a great bike for the p27 gp series and possibly j-days but I think the Betas will still do the longer and harder stuff.
It will be fun comparing the 4 bikes when and if spring ever arrives. Currently, it's snowing here
I will update asap.
The four bikes are , 01 yz125, '23 yz125x,'21 beta 200rr, '16 Beta 300xtrainer
Ring-a-ding-ding

2023 has the new engine and 6-speed transmission, right?
Yes It has six gears as does the '01. They are very similar bikes.
The new engine is nice, but My feeling on it is that, If I took the 01 to a race shop, spent a few grand and had the engine worked, the suspension tuned, and the carb dialed in. It would perform just like the YZX
The X still doesn't have E-start, Headlight, brake light or Hydraulic clutch.
That said, My kid is still 2 years from street legal (enduros) so it will be a fine bike for him, and he is stoked to own it

Yes It has six gears as does the '01. They are very similar bikes.
The new engine is nice, but My feeling on it is that, If I took the 01 to a race shop, spent a few grand and had the engine worked, the suspension tuned, and the carb dialed in. It would perform just like the YZX
The X still doesn't have E-start, Headlight, brake light or Hydraulic clutch.
That said, My kid is still 2 years from street legal (enduros) so it will be a fine bike for him, and he is stoked to own it
I'd be stoked to own it myself, and it's been a long time since I was 14

Spent the day putting new plastics and graphic on the 23.
Before.. IMG_7088.jpeg
Plastics swap.. IMG_7094.jpeg
Graphics... IMG_7211.jpeg

We will most likely cover the seat black (I like the blue) But are keeping the blue Rims because Yamaha
Anyway, Happy kid. This is how he spent his Xmas money

Top Bottom Back Refresh