What's new

Yamaha XSR900 GP

Here's the Yamaha UK page:

2024-Yamaha-XS850GP-EU-Legend_Red-Static-002-03.jpg

It certainly looks great. Whether or not Yamaha will bring it here depends on whether they think it will sell here. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who think it looks great but just aren't in the market for a sportbike. Are there enough people who would actually buy it?

So red, white and yellow mixed with 900 triple...where is the adv version where it is ugly and kicks ass. And has the most knobby oem tires ever!

Sweat machine. But an old 900ss would do more for me. Or a mint fzr1000.

So red, white and yellow mixed with 900 triple...where is the adv version where it is ugly and kicks ass. And has the most knobby oem tires ever!

Sweat machine. But an old 900ss would do more for me. Or a mint fzr1000.
I too love the old 900ss but I gotta say the Yam reliability makes it more desirable right now. I think the Yam and Duc look quite similar (and that's a compliment to Yamaha!)

resized_dsc_0080-jpeg.jpg

It certainly looks great. Whether or not Yamaha will bring it here depends on whether they think it will sell here. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who think it looks great but just aren't in the market for a sportbike. Are there enough people who would actually buy it?
I may lust after it but realistically, I'm not sure I'd want one. Riding position doesn't look too uncompromising and power is just a little over 100 HP so this ain't no R1. I bought an R NineT Racer a few years ago (2018?). I added the bar risers and it became quite comfortable. Still, the Beemer is a porker compared to the Yamaha which weighs a whopping 70 pounds less for the same HP.

I too love the old 900ss but I gotta say the Yam reliability makes it more desirable right now. I think the Yam and Duc look quite similar (and that's a compliment to Yamaha!)

resized_dsc_0080-jpeg.jpg
I think the Duc 900ss looks great but have you ridden one? In stock form it steered like a truck. I also got to ride one with a modified suspension and it was much better. Of course the motor had real character!

I think the Duc 900ss looks great but have you ridden one? In stock form it steered like a truck. I also got to ride one with a modified suspension and it was much better. Of course the motor had real character!
Yes I've had the chance to ride one. The steering is very heavy. You have to commit when you turn. I think it's the most beautiful bike ever made. I've never owned one. Reliability, cracked frames, cost of maintenance have kept me away.

Top Bottom Back Refresh