What's new

Best Years for 1200GS ??

Getting the newest that they can afford is usually good advice.

For 2004 to 2009 Hexhead, get the 08-09. Look for Final Drive leaks and good running, with lower miles, below maybe 75K miles.

2010 to 2012 Camhead, ALL are good, look for the lower miles, and check the usual.

2013-2017 Wetheads, get 2014+. Same considerations.

GS , looks to have aluminum side cases and engine protection bars. I haven't seen the bike, my friend lives in south Texas, he sent a picture of it. The bike is in Austin, he says he thinks the owner will take $5500 for it.

get whatever year they made the Triple Black GSA !

:hide

For an LC I would say post 2017 for better gearbox etc , I would not touch a 2013 GS LC or an 2014 GSA LC due to well known issues ( my own 2014 GSA LC TE was an utter turd of a bike and eventually went back to the factory to be dissected and was subsequently crushed ... in less than 13,000 miles in 34 months it had 3 front and 3 rear esa units , 3 GSAP units , numerous ECU updates to try and get the suspension working (it also spent months at the dealers with a telemetrics recording device fitted sending data back to the factory ), it had 3 or 4 sets of switchgear fitted and they still never sorted the utterly crap gearbox.

For the hexheads anything post 2010 with twin cam engine, proper fuel sender etc a properly sorted bike

Top Bottom Back Refresh