What's new

Bicycle thread

Little trail ride at dusk
20240420_195203.jpg
👍

The Haro hasn't been outside in way too long. I'm going to let it get some fresh air too.

Neat shot. 👍🏻

Were you looking for lost treasure? Triangulating with the frame and align the sun through the trees directly in front of the A pillar and X marks the spot.

200.gif
That snake scene!! Our main street lines up with the sun at equinox. Things people never pay attention to...It is also uphill in both directions. I use flood water to set my ditch grades.

Yup a member got me into cool macro pics. And bicycles have always been a super cool part of my life. Led me to motos and machining. I will take a complete pic when I get my color and parts right. Still looking for some 80s parts.
20240426_124533.jpg

Here’s my mtb.

IMG_7804.jpeg
Gt? Cool ..I missed it yesterday. I might give my 29 the "bmx" treatment. I already bmx a beach cruiser....ha with engine...racked up a dollar per minute and got more jumps in an hr than a lifetime. I will come back to this scenario....when I find a rear wheel that lasts an hr!

I am for bringing it back. :evil

Busy week with two days away and a fly-in this weekend. Despite that I still rode 530km including two track sessions, climbed 11,000m, ran 24km, swam 15km, three gym sessions. The usual two activities per day... except I did a bit more than that.

Is the brake used as a brake, or is it used to aid in balancing?
Also, I’m not sure what the second photo is, except it looks defective.

Reactions: CTG
The brake is used as a brake. Mostly for speed control on slopes.

The second pic is my original home brew chain wax.

It's mother's day tomorrow. We did the ride today with a good turn out of about fifty riders for sixty or so kilometres along the lake. Everyone had a good time and now we're on the way home.

Last edited:

For about a yr I have wanted to re create a gp bicycle that about bit me. I was clocked at 92kmh 34 yrs ago. I know this recipe well. And learned to balance the wheels at these speeds. I have all the parts to flip the frame and sit on the bottom bracket with no chain. But the hold back is no hill here in the swamps. These bikes relied on gravity.

My sister actually rode 50 miles down a volcano in Hawaii on a beach cruiser with a coaster brake. Heck they are not bicycle or two wheels family. A lead guide kept em from smoking the brake. So how do I replicate a troblrone brown mt. Ha..ha I have 1000 gallons of non ethanol but can't retire....I will snort 10 lines of sawdust and get back to you

In the 80s ripping 55 plus on an upside down bmx bike...well at least it is the balancing truth. About met the maker with the "frame" slappers

:lol2 :lol2

I remember in the 80s when my friend got a mountain bike. I was like "WTF, there's no mountains in Michigan?". Within a few years MTBs were everywhere. He was way ahead of his time... some people are just naturally pioneers in their field. He was also the first of my childhood friends to do a stint in prison. Always ahead of the curve he was. :photog

New bike week. Blue Pinarello MAAT Italia just for fun. The last one was converted for road work, specifically the 1 hour lake hammerfests. I have been riding a Look L96 since then. Straight out of the box I did an 11s flying 200m on the new Pinarello. 73kph peak. It still needs some adjustment.

I plan to do a few club and UCI TTs this year on a Bolide F. My original Bolides have been retired and I had been using a less than ideal F12 conversion. There is a long way to go. The main issue is the bars. They are always custom made so it is not a new problem.

Top Bottom Back Refresh