What's new

Bogotto dirt bike boots.

Shinyribs

Is my bike ok?
Member Number
I order these Chinesuims a while back when my Tech 7's started literally crumbling in to dust at almost 4 years old. The Alpinestar Tech 7's cost me over $400 and I've never been happy with them. The toe box is too soft and flimsy and that's hurt me a couple times. The ankle hinge only exists on one side. The other side of the hinge is basically just overlapping plastic panels that don't align with the other hinge, so the the boot can't hinge in the first place. The hyperextension spar up the back of the boot isn't continuous, so it's also useless beyond the marketing literature.

Bogotto MX7 . $145 and shipping ran me I think $23. From Germany to me in less than a week. Considerably stiffer in every way you want a bit to be stiff, and has a legit hinge system that works very well and a very strong hypertension spar that runs continuously up the back. Sole durometer is perfect, toe box is very sturdy, buckles are metal and replacement straps are available.

After a few months of light use they're still stiff. Some might call that a slow break in, but I think it's evidence of a boot that's not going to go soft like my old ones. I don't want soft boots.

The only gripe I have is the gaitor around the top is just stiff rubber. It's pretty obviously when it's poking in to your calf, but I've never seen a gaitor that could actual seal dirt and grass seed out, so this one is no worse. I view them as unnecessary features that make up sales literature, so if I end up shaving this one off with a Stanley knife I won't be bothered by it. One other thing to note, which I don't view as a gripe, is the rubber panel that's on the internet of the boot that everyone stays they use to "grip the bike", but I've never actually seen anyone actually ride like that...it's not very grippy. IMO that means it will be durable vs peeling off, but you should know if that function is important to you.

So...yeah. I think these things are legit. If you're in the market for a truly protective boot and don't each to spend $400+ every few years on the "good" stuff, I'd give these a look.

You can find them on FCmotos site. It's their house brand. Basically ty he German version of RevZilla and their Chinese Reax house brand. Not affiliated, just passing on the info.

Had these about four months now. Only rode in them maybe 5 times legit...maybe 15+ times just messing around the farm...a few evening in the shop breaking them in. Long term longevity to be seen, but all green flags from here.

I can't stress how beefy the hinge and hypertension spar is. Their 100% on par with my buddy's Gaerne's.
IMG_20240326_184421174_HDR.jpg

Full height. About 3/4" taller than my old Tech 7's really.
IMG_20240326_184439132_HDR.jpg

Enough tread to not be slippery, not enough to catch on the pegs. They scoot around on the pegs easy without being slippery. Zero signs of wear at this point.
IMG_20240326_184457922_HDR.jpg

Good write up! I like that they have sewed sole with iron brace and at least some much leather.

I just bought myself new pair of Leatt 5.5s and paid almost over twice as much. All covered in plastic, no possibility to change the sole or sense to grease them. My foot is chaped like Donald Ducks so theres possibility I have to try few to find a good fitting pair again.

Just a remainder of importance of good boots, none of ”allroad/ adventure” etc boots give proper protection for any offroad. Las summer I got my foot between Super Enduro sump guard and a stump and same time calf was stuck against luggage rack. The racks are slim as possible but still limited my leg to slide away. Had my Touratech Destino Adventures wich are supposed to be beefier end from adv boots. Few seams gave up.

IMG_1756.jpeg

Top Bottom Back Refresh