What's new

Can I fix drilled baffles?

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Just bought the C90T. PO drilled out the baffles. There a way I can return those to stock? I've already got a loud bike fueled by hatred. I want this bike as silent as possible. Stock is exhaust is a little hard to find. Didn't know if I could plug up or weld the baffles back to stock to keep it quiet.

Yes, fill the holes by whatever means is at your disposal. Short bolts with nuts with loctite will be heavy, pop-rivets will be easy, welding will be permanent but your baffles may be thin and rusty or oily.

Do you have the capability to fabricate replica baffles? Maybe there's an easy substitute at the power equipment parts counter?

Yes, fill the holes by whatever means is at your disposal. Short bolts with nuts with loctite will be heavy, pop-rivets will be easy, welding will be permanent but your baffles may be thin and rusty or oily.

Do you have the capability to fabricate replica baffles? Maybe there's an easy substitute at the power equipment parts counter?
Well aren't the baffles pressed/jammed in there? I don't see myself fabbing replica ones.

Never drilled baffles before. Not sure what it is people are doing them to do this, but its really just plugging the holes right?

OK, not removable baffles, sorry. Can you see the holes that were added? Maybe several applications of JBweld will seal them for a while?

NTA1NTUxNA-dfd738c2.png

Looks like a replacement system is almost $3K (probably Canadian since it's a .ca URL)

My only guess is that if you can see the drilled holes, maybe you can remove the mufflers, and holding them vertically with the outlet end up, maybe you can place a screw or bolt in the hole then add some JBweld over the screw/bolt head to seal it in place. You can thin jbw with a drop or 2 of acetone to allow it to flow rather than spackle it on.
[UWSL]That's all I've got. [/UWSL]

Last edited:
OK, not removable baffles, sorry. Can you see the holes that were added? Maybe several applications of JBweld will seal them for a while?

NTA1NTUxNA-dfd738c2.png

Looks like a replacement system is almost $3K (probably Canadian since it's a .ca URL)

My only guess is that if you can see the drilled holes, maybe you can remove the mufflers, and holding them vertically with the outlet end up, maybe you can place a screw or bolt in the hole then add some JBweld over the screw/bolt head to seal it in place. You can thin jbw with a drop or 2 of acetone to allow it to flow rather than spackle it on.
[UWSL]That's all I've got. [/UWSL]
Five holes on each pipe.

Going to get the correct size hole saw, cut some some steel stock, and cover the five holes in one shot. Just need to come up with a way to fix the steel in there. Like, high temp epoxy maybe? But, not sure how it'll hold between the heat and the pressure pushing outwards. I could just two quick tacks with the welder along with the epoxy maybe.

Yes that's a great idea, I have no welding skills so my thoughts don't go there.

What do you think of drilling your patch disc in a few spots that you can weld through?

With just 2 tack welds I might worry about vibration and rattling.

Yes that's a great idea, I have no welding skills so my thoughts don't go there.

What do you think of drilling your patch disc in a few spots that you can weld through?

With just 2 tack welds I might worry about vibration and rattling.
yea, spot welds. that's exactly what I'd do. few quick tacks should be all I need.

Top Bottom Back Refresh