What's new

CFmoto 300NK

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
I stopped by a local dealer today and saw a couple of these on the floor.

IMG_20230926_112516084_HDR.jpg

I had never heard of these before but they certainly looked interesting. They had these 2 marked down but this was a Ride Now dealer so expect lots of fees. However You could probably get one of these out the door for less than a Grom,

I did a little research and found this:

Sculpted swingarm, body color frame and proper looking suspension/braking components.

Is it just me or do the wheels not match?

I didn't know what to think of the underbelly exhausts at first, but I've grown to love em. You don't need that heat around everyone's legs and it frees up luggage options greatly.

I heard CFMOTO is now going in to cahoots with Yamaha as well as KTM. Seems like they're gonna have some staying power.

It would appear that CFMoto is really upping their game. The Helix clones were pretty good, probably the best of the clones. The pricing on the 300NK is very attractive.

I had the chance to do a demo ride on one of these at the barber vintage festival.

PA060002.JPG

The brief before the demo ride was a nice change from the typical brief that tell you all the things you can't do. The guy breifly described the route and said to watch out for slick spots since it had just rained....and off we went. After getting out of the park the ride leader opened it up and let us have some fun. It was a pretty good loop. I was impressed with the 300. It had a more comfortable seat and better riding position than the Z400. It's also lighter. The motor was impressive for a 300 single. The front brake seemed a little weak or at least high effort. There were 2 ride modes, sport and economy. Interestingly when you change the ride mode it changes the dash.

Sport:

PA060007.JPG

Economy.

PA060008.JPG

I can't say I felt a big difference between the two modes.

A pic from another angle:

PA060006.JPG

Anyway, I was impressed. This would be a seriously fun bike out in the twisties
ricky.gif
ricky.gif
ricky.gif
I think it would even do fine on the highway.

Around town? It's no match for a scooter!

The tach taking center stage in sport mode is actually really cool! I like that idea a lot.

The tach taking center stage in sport mode is actually really cool! I like that idea a lot.
I really liked that but I hated that the dash in the economy mode. Maybe there's a way to re program it? It is a TFT screen and can be paired to your phone for navigation. I don't know how that would look.

I had a chance to ride 5 bikes at Barber. This one was by far the most comfortable. I wouldn't have expected that from looking at it. My only complaint which I forgot to mention was the jerky throttle response at low speeds. It seems that most of the CFmoto bikes have this issue. I had friends who ride other models and they had the same complaint although the 2 other CF Moto bikes I rode were much better in that respect. Despite that I was very impressed with this bike and could live with the jerky throttle response. It would only be annoying around town and that's not what I would use this bike for. Scooters are MUCH better for riding around town.

Top Bottom Back Refresh