What's new

CFMoto 450 MT Adventure

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
I rode the CFMoto 450ss last moth and was really impressed with the engine. Now CFMoto is releasing an adventure bike with that engine: https://www.rideapart.com/news/694259/leak-cfmoto-450-mt-eicma/

leaked-cfmoto-450-mt-photos.jpg

leaked-cfmoto-450-mt-photos2.jpg

People have been saying for years that Kawasaki should put their 400 twin in the Versys but it looks like now CFMoto has beaten them to the punch.

This bike will definitely steal cb500x and klr650 sales.. The klr has better ergos than the cb. But looks like the CFMoto has great ergos with the proper seat to tank transition unlike the honda. Kawi does have the eliminator..The big 4 is falling behind.

That is one sharp-looking bike...a couple of YouTube videos with close-ups seem to show build quality is very good.
For an old guy like me, bikes in the 400-500cc range are just about perfect.
Define old

That is one sharp-looking bike...a couple of YouTube videos with close-ups seem to show build quality is very good.
As another "old guy" I have to agree. I doubt I'll ever buy another bike over 500cc. A 400-500 cc bike or sometimes even as small as 300cc will do everything I need a bike to do including riding across the country but without the weight or cost of bigger bikes. Sure over 500 will work better on the highway but for anything else I'd prefer a smaller bike.

I've not seen nothing to indicate inferior build quality with the CF motors. CF has been building the KTM790 engines almost since the beginning.

And if you think your Yamaha is safe from the Chinese wave think again.

Comparing apples to apples, their build quality is light years ahead of KTMs when KTM started building 4 strokes.

They bought the rights for the LC8 design so plan on seeing that as a base for some new CF models.

These aren't the same quality as the $1500 enduros you can buy off amazon. Like it or not, far more motorcycles are sold in China then the US and if you're a global motorcycle manufacturer you're looking at ways to capitalize on it.

I remember when they couldn't give the Toyota Crowns away, now the Toyota is the second largest auto manufacturer in the world.

I'm not a fan of China products but they aren't going anywhere.

My concern with buying one of the higher quality Chinese bikes like CFMoto isn't build quality but the current political climate. How much support will these bikes have in the future if political tensions rise and we end up with trade restrictions or even worse if war breaks out? I hope it never comes to that because I really like a lot of the motorcycles now coming out of China and would consider buying one if things were different. As it is, maybe the competition from the Chinese will get the Japanese manufacturers to get off their asses and offer us some more bikes.

Politics aside I think this MT450 might just end up being the best adventure bike on the market for those of us who want something smaller and lighter and less expensive.

My concern with buying one of the higher quality Chinese bikes like CFMoto isn't build quality but the current political climate. How much support will these bikes have in the future if political tensions rise and we end up with trade restrictions or even worse if war breaks out? I hope it never comes to that because I really like a lot of the motorcycles now coming out of China and would consider buying one if things were different. As it is, maybe the competition from the Chinese will get the Japanese manufacturers to get off their asses and offer us some more bikes.

Politics aside I think this MT450 might just end up being the best adventure bike on the market for those of us who want something smaller and lighter and less expensive.
Dont think you need be concerned.

Top Bottom Back Refresh