CFMOTO 450SS

Shinyribs

Is my bike ok?
Member Number

450cc ptwin. I don't know the phasing.

50hp, 370lbs wet, 3.7 gallons.

Six speed. Cable clutch, slip/assist.

Single front radial Brembo.

I like the bodywork a lot, especially the styling of the tail. Even has a nicely sculpted swingarm vs a Honda'ish mashed-bit-of-tubing.

That's a lot of brand new bike for $5,500

2023-CFMOTO-450SS-First-Ride-Review-9.jpg

Last edited:
270 would be great. I didn't know about that KTM plan. Their current 500 single is so damn good I can't blame them for not being super interested.

I had the chance to ride one of these today. The riding position was too extreme for me. The Ninja 400 is much more comfortable. The motor on this thing absolutely rocks. It will leave a Ninja 400 in the dust. I think it is faster than my Versys 650. I had the chance to briefly open it up on the Demo ride and 90 came up on the speedo pretty quick. I'm guessing it will easily do 120+.

PA060004.JPG

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised that a 270° engine feels faster than Kawasaki's 180. 270 motors are a hoot on the street.

I wouldn't be surprised that a 270° engine feels faster than Kawasaki's 180. 270 motors are a hoot on the street.
I absolutely loved the engine in the Ninja 400 and Z400. I was surprised that this motor fel so much stronger. It does have an extra 50cc.

Wonder if an enduro with same motor is planned?
I was told that a Naked bike is coming out with that motor. I wouldn't be surprised to see an adventure bike as well. It would be a shame to not use that outstanding motor in a bunch of bikes.

Here's a video review of this bike. It's a bit long.....actually it's a a lot long but here it is anyway.

When I rode the 450ss I didn't know the specs for it. Later I found out it only had 6 more HP than the Ninja 400. I would have guessed A lot more because it felt a lot faster.

Top Bottom Back Refresh