What's new

Chainsaws

Very grateful for the cheapie 35cc generic plastic saw- SO light and barely uses any fuel. With the new chain on it did pretty well on the small stuff. I even kept the stupid little chain guard tip on, which helped keep the saw blade out of the dirt while I cut up branches. It sure won't last like the Homelite has, but will keep using mix made from E0, hopefully that will keep it alive for a while- the Homelite likes it too.

My youngest is mad keen on guitars he must have 10 in varrious states of repair probably 50% of them none playing projects, he is air brushing bulseys on them for mates and pictures on bike tanks a propper tidy artist is our Josh.
I had a retired electric bass that I'll never play again but don't want to trash it. I wonder how much it'd cost me to ship it body over and have him do something cool with it? Shopping, his time and materials. If he's willing, of course

I had a retired electric bass that I'll never play again but don't want to trash it. I wonder how much it'd cost me to ship it body over and have him do something cool with it? Shopping, his time and materials. If he's willing, of course
He will do anything, but right now he is full on at agricultural college near york and he is away in new zealand over the summer break. But will be back late september he migh get to do it half term in November if thats any good. he will be home this next weekend.
He is doing Tanks still at home here so its not like he has stoped painting things.
He did a 70s Meridan Expot bonavile tank last month with an Iron maiden style Skelital figure on it it looked good a basicaly black base with gold and grey sky and the figure was basicaly grey it looked eerie and not just as comic book as iron maiden typical graphics of covers and theyr literature.
Ill ask him .

He will do anything, but right now he is full on at agricultural college near york and he is away in new zealand over the summer break. But will be back late september he migh get to do it half term in November if thats any good. he will be home this next weekend.
He is doing Tanks still at home here so its not like he has stoped painting things.
He did a 70s Meridan Expot bonavile tank last month with an Iron maiden style Skelital figure on it it looked good a basicaly black base with gold and grey sky and the figure was basicaly grey it looked eerie and not just as comic book as iron maiden typical graphics of covers and theyr literature.
Ill ask him .
That's cool. I've just got this one bass that I never use and there's no value in it to sell. I remembered you talking about his art and I thought it would cool to at least make it look pretty if it's going to be hanging on the wall 😁

If you get a chance to discuss it with him, and he's interested, just shoot me a message and we'll figure it out. Thanks !

That's cool. I've just got this one bass that I never use and there's no value in it to sell. I remembered you talking about his art and I thought it would cool to at least make it look pretty if it's going to be hanging on the wall 😁

If you get a chance to discuss it with him, and he's interested, just shoot me a message and we'll figure it out. Thanks !
Will do i am as sure as i can be, if you atre in no big rush he will do it. Ill get some pictures of his work the bullseye guitars and the bike tank custom stuff.

Never in a rush, buddy. Just an exciting opportunity to have some cool art )

I'm a Stihl guy and have owned an 025 for nearly 30 years. After we bought our 15 wooded acres in Vermont I found that I needed a saw with a little more ass that could swing a longer bar so I picked up a MS311. Since I was using my saws much more than I ever did in Florida I also picked up an Echo CS-271T top handled limbing saw and I love it.
1715261193016.png

Then a couple weeks ago I had an unfortunate incident with the Echo which gave me a renewed respect for these machines.
1715261286913.png

Last edited:
its been 18 years since I handled my old saw , a STIHL ANDREAS MASCHINENFABRIK saw, 021 (IIRC), bought in 1993

the 20v dewalt with 14" oregon bar, is all I use now.

My close call was the chain almost cutting deep into my leg after coming thru the log- easy to do with a heavy saw or when reducing piles.of branches.. thankfully i was off the gas and my pants stopped the chain before i got cut deeply.. scary

My local Stihl dealer used to have some accident photos in his shop to remind customers about safety... Some were pretty awful to look at.
Those leg guards are worth the $$.

I understand why (I've one handed too) but that is why I cringe a bit when anyone says they bought or want to buy a top-handle.
It's too tempting since the saw balances well in one hand.

If anyone asks, I recommend them to buy the rear handle version if they're not going to be in a tree/bucket/etc. to remove that temptation and give extra control.

I'm glad it wasn't worse for you.:beer

My local Stihl dealer used to have some accident photos in his shop to remind customers about safety... Some were pretty awful to look at.
Those leg guards are worth the $$.
My great grandfather tore up his leg with a saw when he was 75. Doctor said he stopped counting at 300 stitches. He was ready to go home after getting sewed up but the doctor told him no. Doc was surprised that grandpa hadn't bled more, checked him out and determined that his heart was barely pumping. Told him he wasn't going home until he got a pacemaker and that he likely would've bled to death if his heart had been pumping right. Doc asked him, " haven't you been feeling tired?". Grandpa answered that he was old and was supposed it was normal.

Sent him home and the guys who worked for him on his tobacco farm said he had so much energy with the pacemaker that they worked like dogs from then on 😂

I think about that pretty much every time I pick up a saw.

I'm a Stihl guy and have owned an 025 for nearly 30 years. After we bought our 15 wooded acres in Vermont I found that I needed a saw with a little more ass that could swing a longer bar so I picked up a MS311. Since I was using my saws much more than I ever did in Florida I also picked up an Echo CS-271T top handled limbing saw and I love it.
1715261193016.png

Then a couple weeks ago I had an unfortunate incident with the Echo which gave me a renewed respect for these machines.
1715261286913.png
Bro, that's crazy. Damn. Your fingers work ok and everything?

I've spent most of the winter living out of one of the guest houses buried in a forest of old (25m+) stone pines. No mains power, no wind and no solar, just a diesel generator that recharges the house batteries for a few hours per day. Not enough for heating. Oil furnaces don't have the same appeal as an open fire for guests... so it is wood fire heating.

I cut my own wood and my saws are a Husqvarna 572XP with a 60cm bar and T540XP with a 35cm bar.

Safety...I don't need reminders. I am not afraid of chainsaws, but I have a healthy respect, Adherence to training and ATGATT. At least Class 1 trousers and jacket, gloves and boots, plus a helmet with ear muffs and visor.

Top Bottom Back Refresh