What's new

Coleman 196cc Extreme

I’ve never heard of valve float as a limiter. :lol2 Does it just start missing when they float?
Yup and sound. There is a really big difference of opinion on what a cast iron flywheel can spin. Usually the magnet flies off destroying the coil and part of the block. But if the heavy cast iron flywheel fails at 6k rpm... not good. Best to just spend some money on a pvl or billet aluminum. The flywheel needs to be lapped to match the crank taper perfectly. Then remove the governor and higher rate valve springs. The next weak link is the rod. The stock rod will handle alot but not continuous 7k rpm runs. The billet rods come in different lengths to customize the compression ratio.

Many tuners just go for the valve springs. Which is not safe. There are some newer coils with a built in rev limit. Harbor freight racing ghost engine has this coil. And every engine builder is puzzled that the engine has a cast iron flywheel on a racing engine.

I do not recommend the new B series colemans same as some of the mega moto chassis for the woods. The ground clearance is an issue. And the kickstand bracket is a death wish. I cut the kickstand brackets off the 6 in wheel models.

Stick to the CT and BT models for trail breaking! And in reality all the brackets suck but a snag is less likely on the earlier frames. The engines are protected so you can bash against anything without fear of knocking a hole in the case...that is when a snag happens!

I thought I would take a pic of the issue
20240128_090101.jpg

And while here break/bash some new trails for my real bikes
20240128_090323.jpg

Then make a simple trail side repair to get home
20240128_091048.jpg

I lost my spring once when it got hooked on some fencing wire buried in leaves. It took a while to find the spring in the leaves. Fortunately I have the mini bungees on the tail and used those to keep the kick stand up to get back to the truck.
I hit so many branches I have no idea where the spring flew off. I'll take the t dub down and look. I would be very surprised if I find it

I do not recommend the new B series colemans same as some of the mega moto chassis for the woods. The ground clearance is an issue. And the kickstand bracket is a death wish. I cut the kickstand brackets off the 6 in wheel models.

Stick to the CT and BT models for trail breaking! And in reality all the brackets suck but a snag is less likely on the earlier frames. The engines are protected so you can bash against anything without fear of knocking a hole in the case...that is when a snag happens!
I recently watched a Predator build on YT and of course the YT feed populated with a bunch of them. I've been watching some of the build videos and also the mud boat engine builds. pretty cool! What a great way to teach a kid the basics of a combustion engine and introduce them to engine building. All the fundamentals are there and they're pretty simple to work on. If I had YT to watch when I was 12 I'd have realized much sooner a hammer is not the ideal flywheel puller and that an air filter is a necessity, that is if I didn't stumble on Girls Gone Wild first :lol3

I recently watched a Predator build on YT and of course the YT feed populated with a bunch of them. I've been watching some of the build videos and also the mud boat engine builds. pretty cool! What a great way to teach a kid the basics of a combustion engine and introduce them to engine building. All the fundamentals are there and they're pretty simple to work on. If I had YT to watch when I was 12 I'd have realized much sooner a hammer is not the ideal flywheel puller and that an air filter is a necessity, that is if I didn't stumble on Girls Gone Wild first :lol3
The only limit is cash. Light mod is has very little cost and decent performance gains. Welded and billet heads gets expensive. The parts selection is vast. And the engines are very simple designs.
One can buy ratio rockers, mill and port the head and add a flatside carb and probablyhave a stout setup.. Just an endless amount of combinations.

Yes many use a hammer to get the flywheel off. I do not think I would use a hammer on billet flywheel. But I would hope my bottom end would survive long enough not to worry. A fywheel is on my list of parts to buy. I run 3 types of small blocks and there are minor differences in crank tapers and heads. I kinda like the hemi 212 for the torque.

Small blocks...what is 40hp in my ct200u at 115lbs. I use to want this power in my ct100u. The bike weighs 80lbs. Minibikes is gearing 101. So 40hp at 14.4 to 1 gearing and no suspension. Yup sounds great. I better trigger throttle if I commit...woo hoo!! Jeez what clutch? Straight chain mayhem!!!

My coleman must shut down all my bikes! The TAT, 7 miles of hell, bdr...just a pullstart and credit card away. Love being my own mechanic, stunt pilot, accountant and manager for the wall of speed or stupidity!
This engine sounds great hauling a heavy cart around!

This was hilarious...only cost twice as much as a Ferrari for run time. Beats my dollar per minute build for my trail speed record vs broken parts. They racked up 45mins for $700 and did not beat their track record..ya mini riders do not play.

I needed a break from real bikes. I went crazy with the smoker yesterday followed by the Dub. So ya let's calm down to mini land. Ok...
20240313_192635.jpg

20240313_194140.jpg

Hydro rear brake might be the best coleman. Adds weight. But ya a $600 1wd rokon. Only the Dub messes with this. Any more after sunset solo ..it might be spooky. Got out at dark. Hit the incognito switch for town.

I did not wreck..still having kickstand issues. Tdc and broom after lying on its side. I wondered because I have inverted these "play" bikes on climbs with blue smoke after the bike flipped rolling down a chip mountain. Plus I received one hydro locked shipped upside down off the delivery truck.
Heck ya..no lights and Orion was to the south. I dig these bikes. Literally throw the darn thing over anything, drag it under fallen trees or ghost ride it off a 3ft run to log bump over a quicksand hole.. I laugh like heck..ya my dumbass rode these routes on a DL1000 for comparison.

Maybe I am use to it..Coleman will not answer back on my 4 corners ride. Tat and Prudhoe on a coleman? Ya my 3 real plated bikes all crapped a battery at the same time. Ha..pullstart can never be an adventure bike....
20240313_213840.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh