What's new

+ Week Colorado to Maine

Christ what a day! Rain, rain and more rain. My hands are now black from the dye in gloves (and they're several years old). Looks like I didn't wash my hands after a tough day in the coal mines. Oh well, I'll fit right in here in Athens, Ohio. Rain ing hard as we left Indy...
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG

Good riding in the region last 2 days, north from pa tp watertown for me today. good luck!

Jeez I've been slacking. Too many miles each day left me too tired to post much. Add in shit internet at most places and there ya have it. Anyway, back to the ride.

After exiting Ohio we're into Pennsylvania at Presque isle Beach. Looks warm but it was only in the lower 60's. Makes for a chilly day at the beach...
IMG_7613.JPG
IMG_7614.JPG
IMG_7621.JPG
IMG_7623.JPG

We stayed in Burlington, VT at a crap hotel for the night and ate dinner at the only open place in the area - the local bowling alley. Don't have to say how bad that was, but at least we got something (nachos). Teaches us to arrive at the hotel at 9:00 PM and expect to find food.
Next day and we swung by the Cog Railroad in New Hampshire....
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG

As usual, we fucked around too much today and are gonna arrive in Presque Isle, Maine after dark. had lots of riding to do in order to get there. Decent enough roads and some gravel but most were pretty straight and boring.
The town of Presque Isle was pretty much closed when we got there so dinner was a Snickers bar and a Diet Mountain
IMG_7708.JPG
IMG_7709.JPG
IMG_7711.JPG
Dew out of the hotel's pantry. Mmmm - deeelish !

The consensus amongst the group was that riding in Maine pretty much blows, so we made a route plan to get outta there the next day and back to Vermont.
Weird road surface near Presque
IMG_7714.JPG
IMG_7715.JPG
IMG_7716.JPG
- any idea what causes this?

Top Bottom Back Refresh