What's new

Dakar 24

GMK999

Member Number
Some interesting stuff this year , Hero, Kove looking for wins with some serious riders. Once again in Saudi (not thrilled about that) supposedly the last season for T Price.
Who do y'all have for podiums??

Last edited:
Brands or riders? Kove and hero are there to compete. There are great riders from both countries plus who ever else might race for those brands.

Hero rallybike is developed and made by Speedbrain, a german company wich in history has developed for example BMW HP2 and G450 based rally bike. Does the bike under Hero name still use engine from 450 BMW (Kymco)?

Last edited:
Hero rallybike is developed and made by Speedbrain, a german company wich in history has developed for example BMW HP2 and G450 based rally bike. Does the bike under Hero name still use engine from 450 BMW (Kymco)?
After seeing the Hero I went and looked up the company, far as I can tell they're an Indian company that makes a series of "India" type bikes (inexpensive, small displacement). Makes me wonder if I was looking at the same Hero as the Dakar bikes. Looking on the site I didn't see anything in their lineup that looked close to a basis for a 450cc Dakar bike.

After seeing the Hero I went and looked up the company, far as I can tell they're an Indian company that makes a series of "India" type bikes (inexpensive, small displacement). Makes me wonder if I was looking at the same Hero as the Dakar bikes. Looking on the site I didn't see anything in their lineup that looked close to a basis for a 450cc Dakar bike.

Yes it looks like they have bought everything from Speedbrain company and just sent their logo to stamp on the bike. Or in other ways Speedbrain have found someone to pay for their race activities.

If compared to Kove aproach differs quite a lot.

Yes it looks like they have bought everything from Speedbrain company and just sent their logo to stamp on the bike. Or in other ways Speedbrain have found someone to pay for their race activities.

If compared to Kove aproach differs quite a lot.
So it's a custom bike built by an Speedbrain, an engineering/race team? Speedbrain should come out with the bike on their own, it sounds like they are the engineering talent behind that motorcycle, it's not from Hero based on their showroom lineup.

It sounds like Hero's part is similar to Pepsi or Rothmans with regard to the motorcycle but as a moto company they probably can leverage some sales off having their name on a Dakar bike.

Top Bottom Back Refresh