What's new

FTC vs NADA

Madmx

Member Number
Might equal more otd pricing. I have been screaming this for years. I have heard every argument against otd pricing. None make any sense to me.

I am always ready to purchase another bike. But the big 4 dealer network kills the experience. Moto dealers are not in the FTC radar yet. But many dealerships are owned by the same as car. This needs a fix. I have said it takes 5 mins to buy a $9k kove 450 but try and buy a klx230l at msrp. Too many freaking games. That is why I still purchase clones, used or the great colemans.

I spent $7k in one month on 2 bikes and no dealer got any of it. Oh I know..I should support dealers....well my county has none. And traveling to renegotiate yesterday quotes is just tiring. Imagine a loaf of bread that has a shelf fee, a check out fee, a twist tie fee.

I just found a service that buys cars outright and resells because this service has researched the legality of these dealer tactics. And reminds them during the sale. This is crazy....it is cheaper to use a broker! Haha nutz!!

The comments are wild. Has everyone not accounted the 1000s of drop ship bikes sold every year! It is easier to deal with gpx than any dealer. Even Walmart now carries brake pads for almost any bike. Wild times!

The comments are wild. Has everyone not accounted the 1000s of drop ship bikes sold every year! It is easier to deal with gpx than any dealer. Even Walmart now carries brake pads for almost any bike. Wild times!

I can see where younger customers might be less resistant and possibly even more receptive to this strategy than older motorcycle buyers, especially for a brand that isn't well leveraged into dealerships like BMW and Honda and HD.

I can see where younger customers might be less resistant and possibly even more receptive to this strategy than older motorcycle buyers, especially for a brand that isn't well leveraged into dealerships like BMW and Honda and HD.
There not many mom and pop dealers left. I think the dealer experience is not what it use to be. And the added cost of modern dealers isn't worth it. Time will tell. I would at least prefer up front advertised otd pricing vs "how much can you afford a month". Which I find as an insult and skates the line of privacy laws. Unless it is in a closed room with finance. Just the fact most dealers scoff at up front otd pricing and cash buys is a major turnoff.

Sounds interesting. After experiencing so many uninformed salespeople at modern Mega Powersports Dealers, I for one wouldn't mind driving 100 miles or so to an Experience Center to test sit and get solid, factual info before a purchase. Waiting for delivery wouldn't be an issue either.

Sounds interesting. After experiencing so many uninformed salespeople at modern Mega Powersports Dealers, I for one wouldn't mind driving 100 miles or so to an Experience Center to test sit and get solid, factual info before a purchase. Waiting for delivery wouldn't be an issue either.
I waited 6 months with deposit for a klr! I cane buy a kove tomorrow and talk to people on the phone that actually answer. And are happy to assist. Too much overhead is in the old system. Maybe everyone should learn to do their own valves or engineer valve checks into simple maintenance.

Honestly I want advertised otd and I do not think that is unreasonable. But "what can you afford a month" is what dealers focus on. It's crap!

I bought a 2017 lot dog elantra mt 6 speed manual for right over $14k. The finance guy tried to sell me a wheel insurance program. And then said some wheels might cost $1500. I said cool..but I purposely bought steel wheels and already priced out new replacements at $50 a wheel. Then said ya ..aluminum corrode in the salt and will never hold air.

I never even test drove the car. This hyundai was a 50 mpg beast at 80mph running ac. Long live manual transmission. I want a 2024 accent...I should have never traded the elantra for 10k 3.5 yrs later. The accent has to be 6 speed manual...simple right?

The elantra got 60mpg for a week here ...at 45-50. I just don't have time to play games. I have two foxbodies...one could get a crate chevy motor and powerglide...maybe quicker than fuzting with modern dealers.

I almost started a broker site for otd sales. No one has time or patience for dealer shit. I have cash but that is meaningless compared to what can you NOT afford a month...repo world.

This will become a Nov 2024 issue!

Top Bottom Back Refresh