What's new

Fuel line Quick Disconnect replacement for Wetheads

JimVonBaden

Kool Aid!
Member Number
Not that the Wethead has been an issues like the Camhead and Hexhead, but they are the same quick disconnects, so I have been planning on replacing mine for years. Since I had the tank off to swap shocks, I thought I would do it now. These are what I used: https://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdisconr12gsw.html
nnect-set-for-2013-later-r1200gsw-s1000rr-bikes-21.jpg

Obviously I had to remove the tank first, see this:

Z4cFHL.jpg
Prk7hX.jpg

Next I removed the female QD from the tank. Make sure you fuel level isn't near full.

Use a 19mm wrench.
R4VV8X.jpg
qOV4eT.jpg

Make sure you clean the threads out well and remove any gas from the opening.

At least 30 minutes prior to install use the supplied sealant on the Metal Female QD:
LeYM7j.jpg

Once tacky install the QD by hand, then use the 19mm wrench to tighten 1/2 to 3/4 turn. Do not over tighten it.
leaQeO.jpg
kuA7Qe.jpg

Next remove the fragile plastic QD from the fuel line on the bike. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry the factory clamp open while holding the QD with pliers.
2zBIs2.jpg
LdLShn.jpg
7BwMmS.jpg
0mYRuR.jpg

Now install the new metal QD by first adding the supplied clamp and then pushing on the QD. Snug the clamp down, but no need to over tighten it. Pay attention to the orientation. It needs to face the tank.
iPiTVL.jpg

ZPZg5S.jpg
dsJLjL.jpg
3s99Lq.jpg
04L0za.jpg

Now you are done. Lightly lube the O-ring with light oil and reassemble.

Nice write up. I'll use (adapt) that for my bikes. Should make changing the in tank fuel pumps a lot easier.

Top Bottom Back Refresh