What's new

How many members of this forum have you actually met?

How many forum members have you met in person

• None

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 11 or more

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Do you think VS had any other influences that caused the forums demise or was it mainly the censorship?

I've met a few folks here and on other sites good to put a face and handshake to an onscreen id. I have a hard time remembering face's and names, takes me several long meetings for things to stick.

Speaking about putting face to names, when are you having another tech Day JVB, the one I did get to was a good time.

Do you think VS had any other influences that caused the forums demise or was it mainly the censorship?
100% the censorship, in a few different ways. We had several emojis that were NSFW. A few of them were constructed in memory of a member/friend there that died in a bike crash or from health issues. We had a mascot and one of members made a wallpaper that was our background. When VS showed up they not only started censoring our speech with ****** whenever we said "bad" words, but they took the wallpaper and emojis that literally stood for family. We assembled at funerals for our fallen friends, showed up at hospitals for our friends that got cancer, and we had goofy little emojis and phrases that were behind the scenes jokes that reminded us of important things. Sure, they were crass, but it was us and they tore it away.

Censorship kills genuineness.

Top Bottom Back Refresh