What's new

- Week Just a little ride around town

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
It was an absolutely gorgeous day today here in North Alabama. Wall to wall sunshine and a high just over 80 degrees:rayof I didn't have a ride planned but decided to go on a little ride around town. Most of my ride was within the Huntsville city limits but I did get maybe 3 or 4 miles outside of the city for a short while.

I rode through Redstone Arsenal to the East side of town where I stopped at Cycle Gear. i didn't see anything I needed there so I headed to Ditto landing and took some pics.

PB070001.JPG

The ducks were also enjoying the weather.

PB070003.JPG

Old bridge no longer in use.

PB070005.JPG

newer bridge over the Tennessee river.

PB070007.JPG

Another view of the old bridge.

PB070009.JPG

I headed towards Green Mountain which is on the Eastern Edge of Huntsville.

PB070013.JPG

Starting up the mountain.

PB070015.JPG

Keep in mind that this is Alabama, not Colorado. This would not qualify as a mountain in Colorado.

PB070019.JPG

I rode around on the top of Green Mountain for a while. There are some nice ($$$) houses up there. This one had a private pond.

PB070023.JPG

If you look closely it also had a waterfalls.

PB070024.JPG

Just down the road was an older house with an old pickup.

PB070025.JPG

There were lots of nice houses but I just got some pics of the fall colors.

PB070027.JPG

PB070030.JPG

I rode back over the mountain on Cecil Ashburn Drive. A view of Huntsville.

PB070042.JPG

PB070043.JPG

I rode into a neighborhood built on a steep mountainside. The roads and most of the driveways are extremely steep. This was a typical driveway.

PB070047.JPG

That's my last pic. I ended up riding just over 80 miles. My computer said I got around 95 MPG. Gas around here can be found under $2.90/Gal so it was a pretty inexpensive way to spend a few hours.

Top Bottom Back Refresh