What's new

Kyocera Duraforcepro

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
I've been thinking about getting a phone just for use as a GPS. The model I've been looking at is the Kyocera Duraforce pro E6910 with 64GB. They are available for around 100-125 bucks. Any thoughts? I assume 64GB will handle a GPS program and associated maps. It looks like most, if not all of these are refurbished or have been used as display models but some of the ads don't specify.

I had a Duraforce which worked great for over 10 years, I had to throw it away as the power receptacle
went bad (probably lots of dust/sand....) and stopped charging.

I have since bought this Amazon product ASIN B08P176F3Fa bit pricey but it seems to be bullet-proof, screen is bright even in sunlight, battery lasts forever and
has enough memory for my needs.

I had a Kyocera for a while, but it was the lower model. It was hanging up because of the lack of RAM.

Look at the Sonim XPs8.

The USB port seems to be the weak part of the DFP2 that I use. Sometimes it works and sometimes is doesn't. I have Gaia and OsmAnd and PA maps loaded.

I used black silicone and "permanently" installed a charging cord. Worked for the short time I've used it. Been laid up all summer so I have no idea on the long term feasibility of this set up.

I used black silicone and "permanently" installed a charging cord. Worked for the short time I've used it. Been laid up all summer so I have no idea on the long term feasibility of this set up.
I tried that using hot-glue and it worked "for a while"; just a temporary fix;
Been using the "big Rugged Tablet" now for a month on some rough roads and it is holding up
really well; The battery lasts for 2 days and the USB-C port is sealed when not in use.

Top Bottom Back Refresh