What's new

Making my Moto Guzzi V7 850 mine.

From a few weeks ago.

Rear sets are now fully rear set at -150mm (Back) & +35mm (up). Along with the Guzzi sports (flatter) bar. Very comfortable. This photo from a 320km day.

8nySU5S.jpg

Very nice. I keep coming back to these bikes for some reason.

My original tank strap has stretched at the filler opening so was looking a little strange. So I made a mark 2 version, this time laminating 2x2mm thick pieces of leather flesh to flesh so I've only smooth leather against the tank. It's also completely hand stitched and I went with a different colour - green rather than brown.

hR0GoCU.jpg

ugnp1lx.jpg

lklImcQ.jpg

Sr2z4pl.jpg

The mirrors are just folded in. They click out in stages to above the bars.

So a couple of changes from above.
1. I was riding home from work a few weeks ago & out of the blue I took a visceral dislike to the wonderful Motogadget bar end mirrors. I was just uncomfortable with them, couldn't seem to get them in the right position etc, even though they were fine 10 minutes previously. They are great mirrors - rock steady and large enough (they have full eu approval so legal). Even after a couple of days I couldn't get happy with the bar ends. Weird. So I tried the MG original, which in Irelands case seem to be the Aprilia mirrors. Felt much better in my head with them, other than the fact they stick out quite a ways. So Motogadget stemmed mirrors and all is happy in my head again. I'll hang onto the bar ends for a little while then sell them on.

d7oB72w.jpg

2. The new tank strap showed up issues with the Monza cap to I've gone back to an MG cap that I bought with a broken lock. I pulled the lock out and replaced with a turned piece of solid steel for a friction fit.

jcoiDSN.jpg

The rizoma bars are super comfortable with the 60mm risers, with a nice forward lean on them. Did a 380km day with no pain or discomfort.

The upmap unit just got a firmware update along with an update to the map I have installed. You don't get any message that they are available until you plug the upmap into the bike. 5 minute job and bike is running great.

Updates / retrofits.
Returned to the LFS Garage flyscreen, but with a Wunderlich spoiler on top. Monza cap back on with an additional spacer which allows better positioning and clearance of the tank paint. Rizoma "ace" bars. The bars are forward 75mm from the original MG bars and down 48mm

nFkTihN.jpg

F323FpP.jpg

Present state of affairs 2024

I did try being a bit "arty" with the Baak side panels but I think I'll just spray completely green under the race number plates.
The big disc from Guareschi moto as the Guzzi oem was getting sloppy on the bobbins.
Now running with an lsl flat bar as my back started complaining about the Rizoma ace bar!

aLmaMU0.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh