What's new

Recommend A New Jack for Auto Repair And General Rigging Work

morsetaper2

Member Number
sears_floor_jack_1.jpg

sears_floor_jack_2.jpg

Got this floor jack from a neighbor of my mother when guy was downsizing to move about 20 yrs ago. At the time it was definetly an upgrade from what I had at the time. FF 20 years later and this jack is now puking oil. I forget the name/URL, but it is the go-to website for seal kits for jacks, they don't have a kit for it. So I'm going to send this to the scrap yard and buy a new jack. In the past its been used primarily for auto repair. But has seen some use when rigging some of my shop machines on/off trailers and etc.

Thinking 3+/- ton would be what I'm looking for. Any recommendations?

huh, good timing. I could use something as well. my jack is like 25 years old and must weight 200lbs. could use an update. what's the jury's stance on HF stuff?

I got sick and tired of hauling that style of heavy jack around, especially if I needed to go outside to fix something.

Scissor jacks are damn light. Grab one in each hand and sling em under the car. Quick zap with the air gun and the thing is in the air. I'll never go back to a heavy pump jack

I got sick and tired of hauling that style of heavy jack around, especially if I needed to go outside to fix something.

Scissor jacks are damn light. Grab one in each hand and sling em under the car. Quick zap with the air gun and the thing is in the air. I'll never go back to a heavy pump jack
I welded a 3/4 hex head to a scizzor jack lead screw. I can use a socket and whatever means of driving it. Works great for bikes. Bottle jacks with extended crank handles are also great. I have had my fun dragging a 7 ton floor jack through a gravel lot for 10 yrs.

huh, good timing. I could use something as well. my jack is like 25 years old and must weight 200lbs. could use an update. what's the jury's stance on HF stuff?
I have the aluminum HF jack, see above. It is a great jack, light and not very expensive.

I have more jacks than I know what to do with and each has a purpose

The air over hydraulic is preferred for hard to access, esp under trailers or the heavy shop truck

add an air hose, press the trigger.

1684152732658.png

1684152680323.png

I wish I understood how air over hydraulic works. Those systems are great. Would love to convert my hydraulic bike lift over to that system if possible, but the actual operation of the system eludes my brain capacity.

Top Bottom Back Refresh