What's new

Riding in snow.

Parked.jpg
I had a 2017 6 speed manual elantra with the 2.0 attikinson engine. Great snow car. The torque curve had very little power at 1500rpm and would never spin a tire. Heading to the airport? Safe travel

Good info. Thanks! If the CST front was just decent was there one you preferred more?

Those CST tires look a lot like automotive snow tires with all the siping in the blocks.
Legion-Trials.jpg
Sorry missed post. I think 244( popular dual sport tread) maybe was close and I think 241 is basically the trials tread. Tw riders like both for front but have to use the rear tire because of size. I think the narrow profile trials front cut through the snow vs a wider tire and had better feedback with less slip. I have not ridden the tw on snow. The colemans are wide tire bikes and do well at slow speeds.

Problem is...what type of snow, slush or ice. The xt225 with trials tires handled well in all conditions. The lower pressure helped the foot print and helped with cleaning out the tread with flex. Just like mud the tread can become clogged. Weird science...what ever works!

The trials tires were great year round. But mud is definitely not these tires mission. Which is surprising because how well the tires worked in the snow

There is something you have over me. I'm too much of a wimp to attempt riding in that shit. I did get caught out in a flurry over a month ago but it was over once I had ridden through it. Luckily it wasn't sticking on the roadways.
My bike is much lighter than yours so if I drop it I'm less likely to get hurt plus it’s got some dents and dings so it’s not a big deal if it gets a few more. I don't ride on the main roads when there's sticking snow. That just seems crazy to me.

I loved it when huge flakes don't stick on a warm road. Or a chilled road with a light dry snow cover that blows out from the tires. Just like any over day. Squeaky snow was fun because of the sound.

Top Bottom Back Refresh