What's new

Rotella T6

Just FYI, the Walmart in Claremont NH had a shelf full of T6 on Tuesday morning this week and I grabbed two gallons.
hah, no shit. I was just driving through there. That's where my kid's atv came from. I was there Monday too.

Just a FYI.
Something changed a couple of years ago, and newer Rotella no longer has a gasoline engine rating.
So if you are using it, you are using a oil that DOES NOT meet manufacturer specs, unless your motorcycle happens to be a diesel.

Just a FYI.
Something changed a couple of years ago, and newer Rotella no longer has a gasoline engine rating.
So if you are using it, you are using a oil that DOES NOT meet manufacturer specs, unless your motorcycle happens to be a diesel.
Wasn't it always spec'd for diesel?

Just a FYI.
IIRC, it had something to do with burning up catalytic convertors.

Myself, I've just gone back to yamalube. Not much difference in cost, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy using an oil with a motorcycle on the label.

I used Rotella in a couple of my older bikes that had Carbs and no Cat Converter. Now all my bikes are FI and have a Cat. Now I use motorcycle oil in my motorcycles and Valvoline 5W40 Full Synthetic car oil in my scooters. Scooters don't need motorcycle oil because the oil doesn't lube the tranny like a motorcycle.

Last edited:
I use Rotella and cheap car oil filters (where applicable) in everything with 2 wheels. In a roughly 500K miles of using it I have never had any issues. Until the pandemic it was relatively inexpensive and could be found in almost every Walmart, auto parts store, or truck stop.

On the last jug I bought. If it wasn't Ok for catalytic converters it wouldn't have the JASO specs listed.

• JASO MA2: This is a higher standard specification for modern motorcycles. These oils are suitable for use in motorcycles that have catalytic converters in the exhaust system.

Attachments

• IMG_20220706_102239446_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220706_102239446_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh