What's new

So....I was thinking.

Yooper_Bob

Socially Inept
Member Number
Rather than having a hundred different threads in the " Ride and Trip Pics", one for every "you bike next to whatever", how about just one thread to throw all "Miscellaneous Great Pictures" into?

That would trim the number of threads a user has to dig through looking at photos.

If you have a trip or some specific event you want to chronicle there, that would warrant an individual thread....but enough of the "Your Bike Next to a Squirrel" threads.

Hmmm 🤔. Maybe that's what the miscellaneous pics thread should be called? :lol3

Well, I've lived here in Athens, next to a park, for over 50 years and I've never seen a squirrel so I guess I'll never be posting photos then.
That's sad. 😢

I’m not too active here but back at the other place I loved your bike in front of a cemetery or general store or covered bridge threads. I liked following and posting there.

Last edited:
I'm just suggesting one thread for all sorts of pictures, rather than an individual thread for each subject.

And....

15dcfbd7-d504-472d-bfa1-3f08ffa1ce3c.jpg

I'm just suggesting one thread for all sorts of pictures, rather than an individual thread for each subject.
<gratuitous AI squirrel pic deleted>

I think you're missing the idea of the 'Post your bike with a XXXXX' threads. They exist in the same way tag games do, to offer an excuse to go for a ride, take a few pictures, and share what you saw while you were out. Lumping them all together diminishes the focus, and imho, the potential to motivate someone to go out for a ride. The various threads may excite someone or stir that memory of a similar bridge, church, little post office, ect that they know of, that just happens to be a nice ride as well.

Sometimes we all need a virtual poke in the side for motivation, or maybe just a tiny excuse for the focal point of the day's ride. Besides, not everyone likes squirrels, so they can skip that thread.

Last edited:
I kind of agree with YB, but what I think we need is a photo section where all these individual posts go. Maybe in the riding section?
Or a photo sub forum that has the various photo threads. So all the cemetery or schoolhouse or whatever photos are kept together but not mixed with each other.

Then there's the side that says, "don't click on what you don't want to see".

Is there really a need to regulate and enforce these photo threads?

Edit: added the word photo

Last edited:
Then there's the side that says, "don't click on what you don't want to see".

Is there really a need to regulate and enforce these photo threads?

Edit: added the word photo
I wasn't implying that the threads need any regulation.... just thought lumping into a single "great pictures" thread would be easier to view/update, compared to a hundred specialty ones.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that any posts be moved, but everyone would start contributing to a common thread going forward.

Sounds like my idea is in the minority though, and I'm fine with that. Just threw the concept out there for input.

I wasn't implying that the threads need any regulation.... just thought lumping into a single "great pictures" thread would be easier to view/update, compared to a hundred specialty ones.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that any posts be moved, but everyone would start contributing to a common thread going forward.

Sounds like my idea is in the minority though, and I'm fine with that. Just threw the concept out there for input.
Start the thread. If every one starts posting in one common thread...it works. There is not much activity and not all members post bike pics. The general riding mega thread was started in kinda the same theory of less threads to dig through. And any moto topic or picture was welcomed.

Start the thread. If every one starts posting in one common thread...it works. There is not much activity and not all members post bike pics. The general riding mega thread was started in kinda the same theory of less threads to dig through. And any moto topic or picture was welcomed.
I thought about doing that...... but figured I'd get a bit of input here first.

It's sad to see forum activity waning. I guess everyone is over on Facebook, or some other new fangled posting app.

Top Bottom Back Refresh