What's new

Sprint ST (1050) Drag Engine Build

Cerakote on the lower fork stanchions and Triple Trees as well! If it says pitbike it is one right?

nc_ohc=uKd5qRdhfGwAX-XB7FO&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.jpg
nc_ohc=C2p_X_xkqP0AX8wcgfO&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

All right so I inherited a bunch of aluminum sheet, plate, right angle etc etc so front end fairing is being designed! leaning towards a KTM 990 adventure esque front end look. What say yall?

Fairings of any kind and any bracketry Weigh / weight.
If straighline speed is your ultimate goal, sort of just buy and adapt hyabusa Plastics smashed or otherwise its a good starting point.
If its a ride a day hooligan one wheel wonder tool my take on it is anything more than a small headlight eyebrow or a flush number plate between the trees to clean up the air , Keep it light simple and CLEAN. IMHO

Yeah I am still torn about it, the bike will generally be a commuter/sporttourer/adventure some light fairings would be nice for the wind, rain, and bugs down here in Florida. right now I am using CAD (Cardboard aided design) to design some of the side panels under the seat. I don't have much front end bracketry so its cost prohibitive to go OEM and I kind of just want to see what I can make. Found some old aviation camloc style fasteners, I think I might make the whole front end quick swappable.

Yeah I am still torn about it, the bike will generally be a commuter/sporttourer/adventure some light fairings would be nice for the wind, rain, and bugs down here in Florida. right now I am using CAD (Cardboard aided design) to design some of the side panels under the seat. I don't have much front end bracketry so its cost prohibitive to go OEM and I kind of just want to see what I can make. Found some old aviation camloc style fasteners, I think I might make the whole front end quick swappable.
What you doing for clocks?
this could be your decider they need one of two things some sort of either factory surround and the crap that goes with it which complicates the job, anythings doable but really i tend to go for option 2 an acewell or even a phone and keep it simple. I hate fat its ugly and it weighs weighty stuff too. if its simply not there to begin with it weighs zero, the question is how much zero do you want or are prepared to accept. A 1LB off the Tree area you will notice it 10Lb will transform it..

Top Bottom Back Refresh