What's new

Summer/Hot Weather Gear

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Currently using a...third(?) hand jacket by Corbin and some FirstGear pants.

Both black.

Both bulky.

Both hot.

What are you wearing? I'm looking at silver/white colors.

Rev'it Airwave 3 is a pant I'm looking at, but XXL TALL is out of stock everywhere.

Sedici has some...but mixed reviews on quality. I want something that will hold up in a slide.

KLIM is $550+

Anything else out there?

I'm using a Scorpion Yosemite jacket that I expected to be a 3 season jacket with me going back to my mesh jacket for the summer months.

Turns out a light grey full textile jacket with good venting works better than a full mesh jacket that can't shade you from direct sunlight.

Similarily, my solid pants are cooler than my mesh pants in town because in traffic the open mesh doesn't insulate me from direct sunlight or engine heat. They do ok if you stay on the open road, though.

Last edited:
I'm using a Scorpion Yosemite jacket that I expected to be a 3 season jacket with me going back to my mesh jacket for the summer months.

Turns out a light grey full textile jacket with good venting works better than a full mesh jacket than can't shade you from direct sunlight.

Similarily, my solid pants are cooler than my mesh pants in town because I'm traffic the open mesh doesn't insulate me from direct sunlight or engine heat. They do ok if you stay on the open road, though.
I think I tend to dehydrate more quickly in full mesh as well.

I have a black Joe Rocket mesh jacket. It was hot and very humid on 4th of July. I never felt like I was being smothered by the humidity and nor did I feel like I was about to become dehydrated at any point during my ride. JR has 4 different colors for this particular jacket. I think the black one is the only one with tall sizes while the others are your standard sizes. I typically wear a 2XL Tall.

Rev'it! Airwave 3 matching pants and jacket.

revit_airwave3_jacket_750x750.jpg

revit_airwave3_pants_silver_750x750.jpg

Ordered last night. This will set me up for summer riding.

Be aware that too much ventilation will dehydrate you faster, so keep an eye on your electrolytes as well... YMMV

Be aware that too much ventilation will dehydrate you faster, so keep an eye on your electrolytes as well... YMMV
I was looking at hydro packs and stuff, but I figure a Nalgene bottle in the tank bag is fine. Give me a reason to stop too and take a rest.

I use a 2 liter Camelback and a couple of insulated bottles, as I drink a lot when on the bike as it keeps you focussed better. Dehydration is, obviously, very bad and learned long ago that hydration starts a day or two before riding, specially long distance trying to make miles...
I used to be a fishing guide in the Keys and saw plenty of people not doing well on the boat... Soda's and beer do not hydrate a body....

I use a 2 liter Camelback and a couple of insulated bottles, as I drink a lot when on the bike as it keeps you focussed better. Dehydration is, obviously, very bad and learned long ago that hydration starts a day or two before riding, specially long distance trying to make miles...
I used to be a fishing guide in the Keys and saw plenty of people not doing well on the boat... Soda's and beer do not hydrate a body....
Did the CamelPak make you sweat at all? Back when I had my old Honda 250 with no luggage at all, I'd use a typical backpack and it sweat so bad. I know the two bags aren't the same, but question still applies.

Did the CamelPak make you sweat at all? Back when I had my old Honda 250 with no luggage at all, I'd use a typical backpack and it sweat so bad. I know the two bags aren't the same, but question still applies.
Not really, as my jacket has a back protector with ventilation build in. It looks like a mesh pad allowing for air circulation.

Jacket and Pants showed up today.

Not even remotely close to fitting. I'm talking two sizes too small. Sending them back.

Looks like I'm back to the drawing board. Also limited on the grey/white gear to battle the sun so I may just end up having to go with black.

Jacket and Pants showed up today.

Not even remotely close to fitting. I'm talking two sizes too small. Sending them back.

Looks like I'm back to the drawing board. Also limited on the grey/white gear to battle the sun so I may just end up having to go with black.
Thanks for the info woods. Sorry they didn't work out.

Thanks for the info woods. Sorry they didn't work out.
Its kind of a pain in the ass for gear. There's a CycleGear that would be a "day out" to get to. They sell Sedici gear, which, I see mixed reviews. But at least I can try it on there.

The gear I have now is black and must be ten years old. But, I might just stick with it.

Now I'm in a rabbit hole.

Armored Tops. Just straight up armor.

I mean,
71s-yck05oL._AC_UX679_.jpg

What am I missing here?

Ive had good luck with RMATV on gear, and Rev'it

xxl in stock, just not tall

1689213136030.png

Ive had good luck with RMATV on gear, and Rev'it

xxl in stock, just not tall

1689213136030.png
Ya, that was in my cart as well. I went with the Airwave instead. But if they thing is sized like the Airwave, I'd need a 4XL. The 2XL barely zippered. I mean, I'm not huge, but there was something off there. All my gear is 2XL. Both the jacket and pants weren't even close to fitting.

Now I'm in a rabbit hole.

Armored Tops. Just straight up armor.

I mean,
71s-yck05oL._AC_UX679_.jpg

What am I missing here?
This is what I wear in the woods. Can't beat em for air flow and klonking elbows in to trees and stuff. But the mesh that holds it all together is glorified fishnet pantyhose and would disintegrate on pavement.

My street mesh pants are RevZilla's house brand. Reax, I think it is. I'm happy with them. The solid panel area's have a nice pattern to the material that makes em look nice and not so much like you're wearing a backpack. They don't swish when you walk. I've taken two low speeds spills in them on pavement ( I'm really dumb and have been known to get carried away playing around with fishtailing on rainy roads and other stupid ideas that seemed fun at the time) and they're not tore up.

This is what I wear in the woods. Can't beat em for air flow and klonking elbows in to trees and stuff. But the mesh that holds it all together is glorified fishnet pantyhose and would disintegrate on pavement.
mmk, we'll scratch that then.

Iunno. Maybe a day ride down to CycleGear. Sedici is their in-house brand. Online shows a bunch of stuff in stock. Just to go down and try things on would be nice. Sedici has mixed reviews, but buying this gear online and playing the shipping game is annoying.

Top Bottom Back Refresh