What's new

The General Motorcycle & Riding MEGA-Thread!

Well 9:35 came and went before it was back together but I always say “if something is worth doing you should probably try to do it right “.

I stuck with it and hopefully did it right. I even put that seemingly pointless little metal thing through the axle nut.

IMG_6516.jpeg
Like the tool kit :photog:lol3

Got it. Been 15yrs since I tuned a smoker..a55 with a delorto. Purrs at idle in 3rd off trail and roosts with a few hits. Heck of a therapy session. My fuel consumption seems to have gone down some also.

Got it. Been 15yrs since I tuned a smoker..a55 with a delorto. Purrs at idle in 3rd off trail and roosts with a few hits. Heck of a therapy session. My fuel consumption seems to have gone down some also.
That’s awesome. Nice work 👍🏻

Personally, I’ve never met a carburetor that I couldn’t f up.

Sunday bike day. I like stopping here. This is where the battle of Winsor took place.
20240317_101632.jpg

Digital will never show the real color...it is orange with alot of metal flake. The brick building is a railroad vault from the Wellington and Powellsville railroad
20240317_101941.jpg

20240317_102722.jpg

I cannot find the hill the train had to be pushed up.

The klr comment had me thinking...I have watched more epic sunsets on a scooter or a Harley than any thing else. I have ridden more 2am rides on a dualsport or a classic ujm bike. I have commuted the most on air cooled bikes. Is the klr such a nerd bike that libraries and lighthouses are cool? Way different than sportbike destinations. But anything 2up was an icecream bike...

Last edited:
The klr comment had me thinking...I have watched more epic sunsets on a scooter or a Harley than any thing else. I have ridden more 2am rides on a dualsport or a classic ujm bike. I have commuted the most on air cooled bikes. Is the klr such a nerd bike that libraries and lighthouses are cool? Way different that sportbike destinations. But anything 2up was an icecream bike...
While I see your point I meant those comments seperately. Pics are always fun but it's more interesting when there's a bit of a story behind them such as a historical location. The KLR pics are very nice and make me want one.

That's an interesting thought about bike type and destination.

What would you say are the stereotypical destinations for various bikes?
KLR: Libraries & Light Houses apparently.
BMW's: Starbucks (I'm mostly kidding! :D)

Here's an odd destination; an old guy on a dual sport in a Harley stunt lot. :lol3

2023-08-27 16.27.24-2.jpg

While I see your point I meant those comments seperately. Pics are always fun but it's more interesting when there's a bit of a story behind them such as a historical location. The KLR pics are very nice and make me want one.

That's an interesting thought about bike type and destination.

What would you say are the stereotypical destinations for various bikes?
KLR: Libraries & Light Houses apparently.
BMW's: Starbucks (I'm mostly kidding! :D)

Here's an odd destination; an old guy on a dual sport in a Harley stunt lot. :lol3

2023-08-27 16.27.24-2.jpg
A klr is just a sensible bike. Hands down the best current 2up thumper with a dirt bike chassis. And a kinda stylish shiny one at that. When you have multiple bikes you get to pick which one for the mission. Any bike will work for 99% of my riding. Ha I could be happy riding a RE classic 350 with proper tires and skid plate through most of the trails. But it is nice to keep a clean do all bike for the one day that you say the heck with it and jump on and go. So if Prudhoe is not happening...maybe something of quality should be a destination. Hence historic sites or something of culture. On the other hand enjoying the beauty around you and chasing it is kinda scooter and Harley territory.

Different bikes have different qualities. And 7 push start attempts on the tw today had me dig out the klr for work. Something about the crazy temp swings is killing my batteries. Even the klr was sluggish and flashed a check engine light for 3 seconds.

I have commuted with a cm200 and a ct70 125cc clone...both had kickstart back up....hmmm..it is fun to make up the rules as you go!

I think if I owned a burg 200 and a vespa gt I would do the same patterns. I would be more carefree on the vespa chasing sunsets on the agile sporty scoot. And I would want to do more destination based riding on the burg. Alot this mentality might start when pushing the bikes around in the garage. I never really thought about it. But there is a weight and size vs performance and sound thing at play. Just like songs that people prefer for their moods.

Top Bottom Back Refresh