What's new

The stand up thread

Danno

Member Number
This thread is for all the stand up kick e scooters.

I recently been riding a unagi dual motor 27lbs scoot. I cant recommend unless you have skate, razor scooter or ripstick experience. The scoot is nice because of zero noise. I had a similar scoot in 2003 but the power and braking wasnt near the unagi.

Off road is a different machine. Such as the wolf gt. Any hoo feel free to add to this thread. Road or offroad e scoots ripping....commuting is very cool too

Pictures?
1688217539909.png

I will try to get some pics. I have to go to town for the bandwidth.

The grandkids enjoyed the scooters. I ordered a gotrax apex xl for $200 on sale. I felt the dual motor unagi with solid tires was too extreme for the kids even though the kids rode it. I really liked the apex. I found the rear drive, light front end and longer wheel base ideal. I was soon ripping transition wheelies and bunny hopping curbs.

The stand up scoots are fun! The power to weight is decent. The small folded size is very portable. Both scooters make almost zero noise. So late night racing and stunting is way too easy.

The only thing I could see changed is the steering stops. On such a lightweight 2 wheel device..no tailwhips? I am sure this will happen on at least one model in the future. There are new models almost monthly and the sky is the limit. These machines might be veiwed as dangerous toys. But far from it. The amount of innovation is crazy. Cast magnesium frames, billet parts and carbon fiber parts are standard. So is cruise control on 90% of the market.

The unagi scooter is slimmer and shorter wheel base than the gotrax. The range is limited and considred "last mile" transportation for commuters. There are many brands, models, ranges and weight capacities. The riders guide website has a chart to help pick the correct scooter. An example would be the lightest might be well under 30lbs and the heaviest is well over a hundred pounds. The website is very informative.
There is a youtube channel with varios reviews and topics

Top Bottom Back Refresh