What's new

What to do with a beater Duke?

AwDang

Member Number
So this 690 fell in my lap.
Scrambler? Track whore?

A68A7851-1DF7-40D4-B82B-A2EC69ED691A.jpeg

I'd tag and ride the shit out of it if it were mine!
What year? Does it need anything?

Scrambling on a 690 wouldn't appeal to me when there's a 525 parked beside it 😁
I’m actually leaning to parting it out. Keep the Marchesini wheels for the 525 and let the rest go.

Need the money or the room, then Yest part it out by all means keep back the wheels you want thats all good.
But sell in haste repent at leasure , if you are good with space to store it and the cash it stands you at, why sell it?. Tidy it up how you want it and ride it , life can throw you options you can down the line regrett doing and selling varrious bikes and WISHING i still had them is very prolific in my memory banks and is even quite painful at times.
Me i would do it up how you want and use it at least for a time, if in the fullnes of that time you grow to feel lack lustere about it then thats the time to let it go not now if you ask me. You could be preventing a love afair from developing, or not has the case may be. Suck it and see let it develop until you really know what needs to happen rather than asking here. Who kn ows this could be a life long partnership stranger things have happened.

Need the money or the room, then Yest part it out by all means keep back the wheels you want thats all good.
But sell in haste repent at leasure , if you are good with space to store it and the cash it stands you at, why sell it?. Tidy it up how you want it and ride it , life can throw you options you can down the line regrett doing and selling varrious bikes and WISHING i still had them is very prolific in my memory banks and is even quite painful at times.
Me i would do it up how you want and use it at least for a time, if in the fullnes of that time you grow to feel lack lustere about it then thats the time to let it go not now if you ask me. You could be preventing a love afair from developing, or not has the case may be. Suck it and see let it develop until you really know what needs to happen rather than asking here. Who kn ows this could be a life long partnership stranger things have happened.
Seriously? It’s just a machine, not a woman

I’m a track rider. I don’t get attached because they are all moments away from being left in a dumpster. I actually prefer these barn finds to showroom new to get my jollies off.

Starting to look better

05F35414-1564-4D96-BA41-EF117154DD24.jpeg

I’m a track rider. I don’t get attached because they are all moments away from being left in a dumpster. I actually prefer these barn finds to showroom new to get my jollies off.

Starting to look better

05F35414-1564-4D96-BA41-EF117154DD24.jpeg
See your already getting attached, pretty soon you will be sat quietly looking over it planning your next modification .
BUT hey your not in love no no its because . Honest.:lol2

As far as I’m going with it.
Took a quick 25mi ride. Not gelling with the ergos yet. I’m more comfortable on the 525

FB7CB54D-15FD-4A5A-9C05-78B4171DFCB5.jpeg

Top Bottom Back Refresh