What's new

What's the tallest 230/250 beater bike out there

twistox

Member Number
What's the tallest 230/250 beater bike out there? I'm on a whole bunch of acreage, Just bombing around out back. My friend is 6'4" and 35" inseam, so something really tall.

Some of the new clone dualsports/dirtbikes have tall seats and different engine choices. My yamaha bikes are cramped..xt and tw. Drz 400 is much nicer for ergos. Ha klr has great ergos but is kinda a pig offroad. But is a nice all around bike that is easy to ride....just heavy. 1st gen is the lightweight one.

im 6'5" and have experienced the feeling of CRAMPED on motorcycles. I currently have a R1150GS and Honda XR650L I flat foot both no issues. I find the XR to be quite fun off road. It's no missile, but you'll get there. I can also say for taller riders, I sat on a Duc Desert X and it felt great, and I rode an 18 Africa Twin Adventure Sport for a few years (only went off road once on it). It was also a great tall guy bike. But none of those are the 230/250cc range.

im 6'5" and have experienced the feeling of CRAMPED on motorcycles. I currently have a R1150GS and Honda XR650L I flat foot both no issues. I find the XR to be quite fun off road. It's no missile, but you'll get there. I can also say for taller riders, I sat on a Duc Desert X and it felt great, and I rode an 18 Africa Twin Adventure Sport for a few years (only went off road once on it). It was also a great tall guy bike. But none of those are the 230/250cc range.
There are a few out there. But "beater" is clones. Old thread but ergos fascinate me. I am 5'9" and like 6'4" ergos. I would definitely rock a xr650l with the emig 1" drop kit. My gen3 klr is my favorite ergos for the street..easily flat footed and my tse250r is the best dirt bike..so far. Seat to peg vs ground clearance was a big factor in ajp bike designs. I do have a 39" seat height rxv550...swinging a leg over the luggage rack of the klr is just as high but the seat is lower. Very interesting.

Look at the older kx and crf's if you can find one in good condition

at 6'4" all you need is a set of ROX risers, or a GPX steering stabilizer, they both add handlebar height and make any 230/250/300 ride-able by your buddy

Look at the older kx and crf's if you can find one in good condition

at 6'4" all you need is a set of ROX risers, or a GPX steering stabilizer, they both add handlebar height and make any 230/250/300 ride-able by your buddy
What is your choice 250 beater? I am perplexed by this question and will turn my world upside down for the answer. Templar and fse250e...cast vs billet hubs. The whole unobtanium over valued xr400 past is getting kind of old

What's the tallest 230/250 beater bike out there? I'm on a whole bunch of acreage, Just bombing around out back. My friend is 6'4" and 35" inseam, so something really tall.
Dirt use only? I'd look for early 00's KTM 250. I swear every one I see is taller than any bike I've owned, including a KTM 300 which you'd think would be the same. People generally want the 300's so the 200/250's go cheap. I consider them a beater bike because they can take it and parts are cheap and everywhere.

Pretty much all full size dirt bikes are gonna be the same general dimensions. Just pop on marketplace and see what's close by.

Wanting something new, I'd look in to the bikes Madmx mentioned.

WR250R is 36” unloaded
525 EXC IS 38” and about the same weight with a nice linear power band.

What is your choice 250 beater? I am perplexed by this question and will turn my world upside down for the answer. Templar and fse250e...cast vs billet hubs. The whole unobtanium over valued xr400 past is getting kind of old
Xr400 was a pig. IMO The xr200 was fun back in the day

2005 crf250x, is worth a look provided it's not clapped out

WR250R is 36” unloaded
525 EXC IS 38” and about the same weight with a nice linear power band.
WR250R is the tallest bike I ever rode, and the most underpowered. I'm 6'2" and I wouldn't want to ride a WR250R in the woods due to how tall and top heavy they are.

My KTM 520 ( early version of 525) was thin, nimble and well balanced. Felt like riding a wasp through the woods.

I'm also 6'4" and 35" inseam. Cousin rides an WR250R. It fit, but my big bikes have ruined me. A quick rip around the neighborhood, the 250 had laughable power. Perhaps on proper trails it'd be fine.

But yea, the WRR fit fine. I'm sure SeatConcepts has a tall seat for it.

I have never had power issues with less power. More of a gearing and momentum issue. But I have become hooked on 2 stroke power. But it makes me ride like a goon. I have been happy with trail bikes but not the ergos....it is the modern xr250 question and yes it exists in a few different flavors. Or the Dr or xr 650s. Idk Gabe would wax most riders on an xr150l

Gabe has a gift. I'm convinced he'd win enduro races if you gave him a riding mower. He makes everything look fast and easy.

Top Bottom Back Refresh