What's new

Why I stopped wearing motorcycle body armor?

There are fortunately a few classy sail channels left that do without the T & A and clickbait BS. Most have become drama lama's and look-at-poor-me crap.

Along the same lines as the previous video, Ryan's latest brings up some interesting stuff but he is still displaying the same stupidity as he did in the armor video.

Does he ever really say why he removed the armor?

I hardly even notice it in my jacket. I don’t see any reason to not have it.

Does he ever really say why he removed the armor?

I hardly even notice it in my jacket. I don’t see any reason to not have it.
In the April 1st video, he basically said that in his opinion, whatever benefits armor inserts offer, they aren't worth the trouble.

The problem is he based his opinion on data that didn't really support it, and at least one researcher from the studies Ryan cited didn't agree with his conclusions.

Ryan likes airbags, and there's a lot to like about them. I think at least one motivation for that video was his desire to promote airbags. He also criticized the way standards are created and used by the industry. I think he has a point about that, too.

In the April 1st video, he basically said that in his opinion, whatever benefits armor inserts offer, they aren't worth the trouble.

The problem is he based his opinion on data that didn't really support it, and at least one researcher from the studies Ryan cited didn't agree with his conclusions.

Ryan likes airbags, and there's a lot to like about them. I think at least one motivation for that video was his desire to promote airbags. He also criticized the way standards are created and used by the industry. I think he has a point about that, too.
That is about what I got from the video. And yes I want 60mph abrasion tag if I am going to spend the money.

They also need to add stupid facial images to their stupid video image capture with a stupid arrow pointing to something.
Thank you.

That shit drives me batty and my wife doesn't get it at all. She totally doesn't understand the issue and it makes me feel like a crazy person for caring. Glad I'm not alone on this

Thank you.

That shit drives me batty and my wife doesn't get it at all. She totally doesn't understand the issue and it makes me feel like a crazy person for caring. Glad I'm not alone on this
It is stupid. Everyone knows all you need to do is put Sydney Sweeney in the thumbnail.

Thank you.

FuckFace.jpg

Best thing to do is read the comments first and as soon as I see it's clickbait comments, I don't watch the video. Plain and simple as it saves a lot of time...
I'm glad I watched those two videos. Even though I don't agree with Ryan I still learned something about CE standards for armor and the material gear is made from. I also learned something about gear from the discussions about his videos on the forums I am on. I ride a lot. I have crashed a number of times and realize I could crash again so the gear I wear is important to me and I am interested in the topics he brought up in the videos. If nothing else he performed a public service by bringing up these topics. The fact that Ryan made himself look stupid is his problem.

I'm glad I watched those two videos. Even though I don't agree with Ryan I still learned something about CE standards for armor and the material gear is made from. I also learned something about gear from the discussions about his videos on the forums I am on. I ride a lot. I have crashed a number of times and realize I could crash again so the gear I wear is important to me and I am interested in the topics he brought up in the videos. If nothing else he performed a public service by bringing up these topics. The fact that Ryan made himself look stupid is his problem.
I think that was his mission. To get people curious enough to seek out the info on gear. At the same time to question the rating standards. Of course he is very theatrical. I guess I get the joke...

He made himself look "stupid" so we would want to become more informed. Then purchase products that better suit our needs...kinda genius

Top Bottom Back Refresh