What's new

Yamaha WR250R Threadfest

in hind sight I shoulda taken the offer.

I need the space for a new welding job. Fancy Gates take up lots of room
I hope it's not for these guys, you might have payment issues.

1664885234593.png

It is N-1 this week.

I have decided to sell the barn find 1969 H1 I bought about 8 years ago for a retirement project. I puttered with it some but just don't feel like messing with it at this point in life. I sold it for less than current market but a fair amount more than I bought it for to a guy in Illinois that restores them for a living. He will make some good money on it. I hate messing around selling shit. This was easy peasy, 3 emails and a phone call and its sold. I considered paying him to do a full restoration on it and then sell it restored for big bucks. Unfortunately, I know myself all too well and after it was restored I wouldn't want to part with it. LOL

An example of one Brian's H2 restorations that sold this year:

$40k!?!?!?!

$40k!?!?!?!
Yup, everyone needs a couple old two stroke triples. Glad I bought in early. LOL The $40K is an outlier price wise, but they are starting to regularly go for $20 to $30K

I am not sure what's going on, but all old 2 stroke street bikes have been going up like crazy the last few years. It costs $10 to $15K+ to properly restore an old Kawi triple. I sold my H1 barn find for $3K and was told I could have gotten 4 or 5K for it if I worked harder at selling it.

Last edited:
Yup, everyone needs a couple old two stroke triples. Glad I bought in early. LOL The $40K is an outlier price wise, but they are starting to regularly go for $20 to $30K

I am not sure what's going on, but all old 2 stroke street bikes have been going up like crazy the last few years. It costs $10 to $15K+ to properly restore an old Kawi triple. I sold my H1 barn find for $3K and was told I could have gotten 4 or 5K for it if I worked harder at selling it.

At those prices I might have a YSR budget.

Top Bottom Back Refresh