What's new

Yawn. Another ADVrider banning

My constructive discussion with a mod was in PMs. He wasn't pleased and kept just repeating the same mantra, never once addressing my point. Using PM's was probably the only reason he didn't extend my ban even longer.

Enjoy the break! (I'm still on mine). :lol3

My constructive discussion with a mod was in PMs. He wasn't pleased and kept just repeating the same mantra, never once addressing my point. Using PM's was probably the only reason he didn't extend my ban even longer.

Enjoy the break! :lol3
That sounds familiar. When I go back, I don't expect to ever point out an issue or make a constructive suggestion again.

Meanwhile, it's likely the push I need to get away from just defaulting to one site out of laziness. Who knows, I may even ride motorcycles more!

That sounds familiar. When I go back, I don't expect to ever point out an issue or make a constructive suggestion again.

Meanwhile, it's likely the push I need to get away from just defaulting to one site out of laziness. Who knows, I may even ride motorcycles more!
Yeah, the imperious tyrannical idiocy seems to be a requirement to become a moderator there. Not to mention hypocrisy.

Welcome to advbikes!

Yeah, the imperious tyrannical idiocy seems to be a requirement to become a moderator there. Not to mention hypocrisy.

Welcome to advbikes!
I have only had a problem with one mod there. Several others have been very reasonable and helpful.

I've actually been a member here for a while. I just tend to stick with one site as long as it adequately feeds my utterly voracious reading appetite. It'll be interesting to see what happens come February.

Cootz was actually the nicest and most helpful of the mods I encountered. Hard to predict how people will react.
A new member made in introduction post and proudly, but respectfully, announced his political party of choice. Folks swarmed in there to berate him, call him all sorts of names and tell him to stfu. Including Coots. He was threatened to be banned if he did it again.

I asked why it was was bad for new guy to express his political leanings but it ok for them to express there's. Especially with such animosity and name calling. Coots started flooding my pm inbox with all sorts of nasty personal attacks. They were all made up, of course, because that bitch doesn't know me, but boy did she give me a ration of shit. Including "go fuck yourself". The PMs started out strong, then when she started getting really ugly she switched to pming anonymously.

I messaged baldy about how a mod was hiding behind PMs anonymously and told him to put his dogs on a leash or force them respond with their identity in the open. His reply was, "you know, whatcha gonna do about it" 🤷‍♂️

So I decided to leave. I logged in like a month later and discovered then that Coots had given me a two week ban for disrespecting a mod. The same mod that told me to go fuck myself because I repeatedly refused to engage in a PM conversation until the mod revealed themself and stopped hiding behind anonymous posting.

So yeah, that place is a cesspool. Some good folks are members there, but I don't support a place that encourages online bullying and personal attacks. I do know they are gonna react, and I know it's going to be rude and ugly. Who has time for that nonsense?

Not sure.

I compared a KLR to doing a fat chick. Its mostly unpleasant, but it gets the job done.

sf_coots (sp?) took offense to it and I got the hammer.
Hey a klr was my bucket list bike like a cr500 or a Vincent black shadow. I nailed the klr...yup it is a heavy pig and the best 2up dirt inspired thumper with the most chill 48-65mph ride of any of the only 50 bikes I owned...... chasing unicorns. Ask me about rxv550 days..yup still own it! Klr is better for 99.99% of the population.

Built mopeds are like super models. Very expensive for their performance. Usually are a 100lbs and originate from eastern Europe..hell I'll spare ya another 50 lines.

Top Bottom Back Refresh