What's new

Your bike in the woods

Madmx

Member Number
20240217_090345.jpg

20240217_085857.jpg
20240217_085250.jpg

The first "bike" I rode in these woods was a custom minibike with 1963 3hp flathead briggs engine in 2019. The engine was a mod and runs no head gasket. The rb100 use to scream through here. I always track trail speed. The trail changed.
20240217_120928.jpg

20240217_121114.jpg

Great thread idea and great pics! 👍

I was actually going to start a "Your Bike On The Trail" thread.
Trail pics are definitely cool. The only trail pic was the coleman. The rest was off trail. The strom was a struggle. Not riding but line choice. The strom can actually trail break.

Trail pics are fine and welcomed if anyone wants to post any pics.

That's the trail. It's Long Lake Motorcycle Trail in Wexford County, Michigan.

I'm guessing the tree fell within the previous day or so. Usually when a tree falls on the trail there's pretty quickly a line around it or a lot of signs of people going over it. It looked like only one or two other riders went over the tree before I did.

I fiddled with the colors in this picture so you can see the damage to the tree better. The red spots are missing bark. I went over right of the red line and the other rider went right over the middle. You can see the case/linkage marks. I got hung up on it and you can see where I spun the tire. Some CSI shit here! :lol3

2022-06-23 08.19.14cs.jpg

Here's what the trail looked like directly in front of my bike where it's parked. It's a MC trail so MIDNR considers it a 24" wide trail.

2022-06-23 08.19.58.jpg

Those ferns can really cover the trail later in the season and conceal hazards.

Here's my actual track in Blue and the DNR track in Magenta. You can see how much deviation there can be in the DNR data. It gets "clipped" a lot and reroutes obviously happen. You can see I'm not fast and I like to stop and smell the roses but I don't usually spend half my time stationary. It just so happened that we were up north for a week long family reunion so I was in no rush! It wasn't even 9AM when I crossed that tree... :D

LongLakeMCTrail-ActTrackOverDNRtrack-s.jpg

That bike looks familiar! Did you buy it from Danno? It used to be mine
Certainly you can not see the shamrocks in that pic. I had a data glitch..so new handle same rider. What is up? How is the tw. Looks like a 2017? And clean! Nice dub. Yup strom is great. I ride it almost every day. Thanx for the deal on the bike. I was wondering if you ever found a dualsport.

Certainly you can not see the shamrocks in that pic. I had a data glitch..so new handle same rider. What is up? How is the tw. Looks like a 2017? And clean! Nice dub. Yup strom is great. I ride it almost every day. Thanx for the deal on the bike. I was wondering if you ever found a dualsport.
Awesome, all is good I'm glad you are still enjoying it! I messaged you a couple times checking up on it but never heard anything I didn't know what happened.
It is a 2017 and I got a great deal on it with multiple mods done already and I'm glad I went with a Tdub, def smaller than I'm used to but I love how light it is.

Top Bottom Back Refresh