What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

Z650RS

cabanza

Member Number
The 50th anniversary edition looks nice...

1c63e2bd-6b0b-4629-b6f6-71e5d5fedb25_large.jpg

9b9d3b9b-9320-4a1e-b43d-eff841a04cc9_large.jpg

motocopter

Member Number
Started riding bikes in the 70's and the KZ650 was cool looking. The new z650 looks great; but, the twin cylinder engine just looks small for me. Has anyone heard this bike running yet? Is it what you expect from a Z?

klaviator

Scooter Trash
ADV+
Member Number
Started riding bikes in the 70's and the KZ650 was cool looking. The new z650 looks great; but, the twin cylinder engine just looks small for me. Has anyone heard this bike running yet? Is it what you expect from a Z?
I saw one of these in person a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to sit on one. I really liked this bike based on pictures but it is just less impressive in person and it didn't feel that great sitting on it. It felt a little cramped. Maybe I would feel different if I had a chance to ride one.

As for the engine, it's basically the same engine as the one in my Versys. It's a great engine, very torquey and smooth. The Z is a bit lighter than the Versys so performance should be pretty good.

motocopter

Member Number
I saw one of these in person a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to sit on one. I really liked this bike based on pictures but it is just less impressive in person and it didn't feel that great sitting on it. It felt a little cramped. Maybe I would feel different if I had a chance to ride one.

As for the engine, it's basically the same engine as the one in my Versys. It's a great engine, very torquey and smooth. The Z is a bit lighter than the Versys so performance should be pretty good.

Right Win, you're on point. I like the engine, just maybe not a preference in this application. A few months ago I was at a Cool Springs dealer when a customer was picking-up his new Z650. I thought what a feeling for him. Then, I heard the engine running and felt an instant disconnect. A disconnect from my experience. His experience no doubt will be awesome.

Btw, I really like the Versys 650; but with my AT, there's not much chance of a swap.

Top Bottom