What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

I hope it wasn't liberated from your truck. If so, that's cause for some Christmas shopping.
No, it's worse. My increasingly forgetful self forgot that the bag had torn and I bought a knock-off pelican style case to put the tools in. Walked by it multiple times, maybe I should have bought the screaming orange one instead of black like the 3 or 4 others. Sheesh.

Stuff like that gets to me. My mother has some dementia at 75 and it scares the heck out of me worrying that I'll inherit that.

No, it's worse. My increasingly forgetful self forgot that the bag had torn and I bought a knock-off pelican style case to put the tools in. Walked by it multiple times, maybe I should have bought the screaming orange one instead of black like the 3 or 4 others. Sheesh.

Stuff like that gets to me. My mother has some dementia at 75 and it scares the heck out of me worrying that I'll inherit that.
You ever wake up having no idea where you are, what you're doing there in the first place, and why the alarm was ringing? How about knowing full well you had conversations with people but can only remember having them as if you were dreaming? How about a disorientation of time?

I only ask because I experience those things quite a bit. I'm only 40. Dementia and Alzheimer's run on both sides of my family. I wonder if having played contact sports, participating in extreme sports, and combat sports will bring an early onset of either, due to having had more than handful of concussions.

The roads have not been salted here for over a week, and we had heavy rains and winds in the storm last weekend, but with Snow forecast thi was s net few days the gritters will be out salting and rendering using any bike you care about firmly locked away after the brief window today presented.
9Am i was on the A1 heading south to lindesfarne on the XT600E it was a nice day not much wind but the trafic was terrible. Wall to wall lorries and Delivery vans.
Sudenley traffic stopped and i slowly filtered down the line of lorries until i could see a black Audi estate in the side of a Semi trailer and a red car underneath the back of it people milling about and drivers climbing out of the cabs walking towards the incident.
I Decided to head back home luckily i was not on the dual carriageway section yet and i could turn around without going to a junction. Total waste of time just hope no one was hurt thats all.

It doesn't always work, but I've had luck placing slip joint pliers sideways, loosely behind a ferrule and tapping it free.

If the stub sticks out of the wall far enough, you can cut behind the ferrule, deburr and slide on a SharkBite quarter turn valve.
Unfortunately, the copper stub wasn't very long. I tried coaxing the fitting with a screwdriver against the nut but I could see it wasn't going to play nice. I have to say, I was a bit surprised the store didn't stock any pullers given how common this problem is. If there was any consolation to any of this, it was that 1) I caught the leak early, before it had a chance to make a real mess, and 2) I was able to reroute the SS water line in a way that removed a sharp bend.

My plumbing saga started with a leaking seal between the tank and the bowl. This meant I had to disconnect the tank from the water supply and the bowl. When I turned the old multi-turn shutoff valve, it started leaking. Grrr. Soooo...I shut off the water to the house, removed the shut-off valve, and removed the tank. Not surprisingly, I couldn't remove the compression fitting. And not surprisingly, the local hardware store didn't carry a puller. Sooo...I tried to finesse the fitting off. Nope. Had to use the old nut and compression fitting, which gave me an opportunity to double up on teflon tape and paste. Finally got it back together and seal. Of course, the new tank seal (the POS that kicked all this off) had to fight me as well.

What a day.

At some point I'm going to have to get a compression fitting puller because I have multi-turn valves all over the house, and I know they'll begin leaking the moment I turn them.

I wondered about those but I couldn't use one because I couldn't remove the compression fitting. They look slick, though.
You too? I got a catch bowl for now but mine is the bolts. If the bolts are corroded...the shut off might be too! The scale will cut the o ring and have a new leak. Jeez this weekend I will fix mine.

Oh...to clear up one point of confusion. The drain I was dealing with is inside the basement....not outside. The kitchen sink in on the far end of the house from all of the other plumbing. There is a 50+ foot long, flat run across the basement ceiling to where it dumps into main septic outlet. Thankfully, the basement is unfinished, and all of the plumbing is exposed. There was no digging involved.

Fifty feet?
Hopefully, it'll be decades from now, but next time; just separate the sink drain from the septic system, run it out another way and connect it to a new dry well or french drain. It's just water.

You oughta see the beautiful hedge growing over the french drain my washer drains into. And if the Mrs. is out of the house long enough, I'll hang a urinal in the garage and plumb it to the old dry well the washer drained into before the house remodel. :clap

~~~~

My rant is dealing with insurance companies - still. First a crash where an A-hole driver tried to merge into my lane and didn't quite make it. Her insurance finally paid to have my truck fixed, but now I get a letter from her attorney. She's suing me and my insurance company isn't responding (7 calls/messages and now her VM says she's out for the holidays). On top of that, a different A-hole driver decided to lose control of his vehicle and slide through my yard knocking out some landscaping and taking out a Palm tree. Still waiting on a callback from that Adjuster.

He landed in the neighbor's yard, but smacked his door pretty good on the way through.

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This one goes out to a manager at my company who lives on the West coast. After 3 peaceful days off, this guy chose to send out an email on Christmas Morning, I received it at 8:18 Eastern time, reminding the whole company of impending deadlines, projects and concerns.

Thanks a lot for reminding us that you own our asses you SOB.

This one goes out to a manager at my company who lives on the West coast. After 3 peaceful days off, this guy chose to send out an email on Christmas Morning, I received it at 8:18 Eastern time, reminding the whole company of impending deadlines, projects and concerns.

Thanks a lot for reminding us that you own our asses you SOB.
California idiot??🤣

Merry Christmas

Whoa! That's a nasty looking crash.
I feel bad for my neighbor. All that missing glass is scattered throughout his lawn. Safety glass true, but the A-hole was also carrying some plate glass inside that shattered and those shards are in the lawn as well. My Palm tree sacrificed its life against the doors, but the concrete power pole stood its ground against the rear quarter panel.

We've been having a big problem with speeding along the 35 mph street, but the investigating officer said the "evidence doesn't suggest he was exceeding the speed limit." :baldy

IMG_1320.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_20231227_205955.jpg

Last night driving north on 95 a few miles north of the RI/MA border a car spun out and dented up my work van.
Somehow he missed the rear quarter and driver's door completely.

It turns a 4 day weekend into a 5 day weekend, I'll be in a rental for a few months again...

I feel bad for my neighbor. All that missing glass is scattered throughout his lawn. Safety glass true, but the A-hole was also carrying some plate glass inside that shattered and those shards are in the lawn as well. My Palm tree sacrificed its life against the doors, but the concrete power pole stood its ground against the rear quarter panel.

We've been having a big problem with speeding along the 35 mph street, but the investigating officer said the "evidence doesn't suggest he was exceeding the speed limit." :baldy

IMG_1320.jpeg
That officer is obviously an idiot

IMG_20231227_205955.jpg

Last night driving north on 95 a few miles north of the RI/MA border a car spun out and dented up my work van.
Somehow he missed the rear quarter and driver's door completely.

It turns a 4 day weekend into a 5 day weekend, I'll be in a rental for a few months again...
I despise I-95 . It holds the record for most morons on the road from Florida to Maine…🤪

Didn't get a new job due to being a straight white male. I remember the job interview feeling super awkward because the interviewers kept mentioning diversity, equity, and inclusion like their lives depended on it. I felt like I was Not Sure in Idiocracy when people kept finishing their statements with "brought to you by Carl's Jr."

Also received a notification on my phone to start using digital ID. Fuck that noise! I think becoming a homeless wanderer is in my future. I've been homeless before. Yes, it sucked during the winter living in my car down by the river but at least I was left alone and was able to fish all I wanted. After all, I was homeless, had almost no money, and had to fucking eat somehow. I think in this future case, I'll hop on freight trains and go where they take me. Carcass were on to something when they recorded "Swansong" all the way in 1995. The album is about the fall of the Western world.

Didn't get a new job due to being a straight white male. I remember the job interview feeling super awkward because the interviewers kept mentioning diversity, equity, and inclusion like their lives depended on it. I felt like I was Not Sure in Idiocracy when people kept finishing their statements with "brought to you by Carl's Jr."

Also received a notification on my phone to start using digital ID. Fuck that noise! I think becoming a homeless wanderer is in my future. I've been homeless before. Yes, it sucked during the winter living in my car down by the river but at least I was left alone and was able to fish all I wanted. After all, I was homeless, had almost no money, and had to fucking eat somehow. I think in this future case, I'll hop on freight trains and go where they take me. Carcass were on to something when they recorded "Swansong" all the way in 1995. The album is about the fall of the Western world.
Man, that stuff is out of control.

On a lighter note maybe, you talking about being homeless, my wife works for a company that helps people with substance abuse. One of the people trying to get clean was homeless and declined money for groceries. My wife wasn't sure if he was being stubborn, embarrassed or whatever so she just told him, "hey, everyone has eat. Don't worry about it"

Turns out he's just really been enjoying trapping squirrels and occasionally grabbing a random duck from the city pond and literally just didn't need grocery money. I think my wife was somewhat perterbed by my excitement and admiration for the guy 😁 He has a potato plant he grew from a rotten potato he found threw out somewhere. Dudes a hero in my eyes.

Rough day? Yes I ponder the same thing. I tried to get the wife to move to South America in 2017. I told her some stupid and serious shit was going to happen soon. I told her the US thrives on problems and not solutions. She thought I was crazy... I figured at the very least to get the heck away from cities. I had bad feelings in 2019 and got the wife out 1st. I still worked in OH and managed to sell the house during covid hell of 2020. I swear I clawed my way out of OH

The wife herself was once homeless. Her 2nd husband had become too abusive. She took the kids and lived in a car. Because she was homeless she was granted a free education in nursing. This is back when nurses looked and acted like nurses. So she got a tough education that meant something. She gave back over 30 yrs to the medical field. 25yrs on a med surg burnout floor where most couldn't make it past 5yrs.

Hang in there man. This world needs good people. But if you want to hop on trains and enjoy life without a care....I totally get it!
Hobo Soggy

Last edited:
Man, that stuff is out of control.

On a lighter note maybe, you talking about being homeless, my wife works for a company that helps people with substance abuse. One of the people trying to get clean was homeless and declined money for groceries. My wife wasn't sure if he was being stubborn, embarrassed or whatever so she just told him, "hey, everyone has eat. Don't worry about it"

Turns out he's just really been enjoying trapping squirrels and occasionally grabbing a random duck from the city pond and literally just didn't need grocery money. I think my wife was somewhat perterbed by my excitement and admiration for the guy 😁 He has a potato plant he grew from a rotten potato he found threw out somewhere. Dudes a hero in my eyes.
The parent company's CEO has wasted no time wrecking the share value and getting the company fined by the federal government for a ton of things. But he's where he is due to skin color and nothing else. Everybody knows it. He has been with the company less than 8 years and started out in the legal department. He's been all about BLM, the rainbow coalition, so-called diversity, and other far-left pushes. It has created a workplace that has become hostile and where people are promoted/hired based on the boxes they check. It's no longer about merit and what somebody brings to the table. These idiotic people are undoing everything MLK Jr fought for.

I won't deny the pay would have helped a whole lot. Starting salary would have been $150k and tops out at 200k, with inflationary pay raises. My current job no longer pays well. It/I have lost out on market value due to inflation. Luckily I have zero debt. But that will get me by for only so long.

When I lived in my car along the river, I did have a job to go to. It's not like I or my car were there 24/7 and messing up the spot. When I finally got a place to live, I left the spot the way I found it. Not a fan of waterfowl. The meat is too tart for my liking. The Columbia River has plenty of steelhead trout. Salmon season was my favorite. I didn't need to use anything other than a pointy object to catch those.

The entire West is in the midst of a collapse and none of our elected idiots care enough to really do something about it. Leftist self-hating white cucks won't be spared by the very people they're enabling.

The parent company's CEO has wasted no time wrecking the share value and getting the company fined by the federal government for a ton of things. But he's where he is due to skin color and nothing else. Everybody knows it. He has been with the company less than 8 years and started out in the legal department. He's been all about BLM, the rainbow coalition, so-called diversity, and other far-left pushes. It has created a workplace that has become hostile and where people are promoted/hired based on the boxes they check. It's no longer about merit and what somebody brings to the table. These idiotic people are undoing everything MLK Jr fought for.
I hear you. At my wife's job, one of the clinicians is a black guy and he refused to take on a white patient. A guy trying to get off meth and fix his life. WTF. Help the man. The clinician's reason for refusing the customer was, " he lives in a rural area so he's racist. I don't have to tolerate that"

My wife was livid. The company itself and all it's employees are in a rural area. Who the fuck do you think you are? And why the fuck you think you can talk to my wife like that?

On a random day off I dropped by my wife's work and took her to lunch as a surprise. Had a quick chat with that fella while wifey was getting her stuff together. He don't work there anymore.

Top Bottom Back Refresh