What's new

BMW CE 02

It looked so much smaller until I saw you sitting on it.

Reminds me of an e-Big Ruckus or better still an e-Bulldog (Honda Concept).

1709239225931.png

That is not me in the picture.

That is not me in the picture.
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention and linked a February pic. If I had been paying attention, I'd have remembered you said in July that you'd "Throw a leg over when it pops up at your dealership."

That bulldog looked like a winner
At 400cc, I thought it a natural successor to the BIG Ruckus, but considering the sales numbers of the BR, probably not to the bean counters at Honda.

BMW will bring its demo truck to the Houston area this weekend. They have listed the CE 02 as an available model. I am working through saturday morning but I will try to make it to the dealer on Saturday afternoon. I'll report back here.

BMW is currently offering a $1,000 rebate off MSRP for the highline model and a 2.9% interest rate for the CE 02.

Last edited:
BMW will bring its demo truck to the Houston are this weekend. They have listed the CE 02 as an available model. I am working through saturday morning but I will try to make it to the dealer on Saturday afternoon. I'll report back here.

BMW is currently offering a $1,000 rebate off MSRP for the highline model and a 2.9% interest rate for the CE 02.
I hope the demo truck will be at the MOA national rally this summer. I'd be up for trying the CE 02 and the 04.

Just called the BMW dealership that has the BMW demo truck. BMW didn't bring the CE 02 and CE 04. That's really poor marketing strategy on BMW's part.

Just called the BMW dealership that has the BMW demo truck. BMW didn't bring the CE 02 and CE 04. That's really poor marketing strategy on BMW's part.
That's disappointing. I wonder if it's because the demo truck isn't equipped to charge the things.

That's disappointing. I wonder if it's because the demo truck isn't equipped to charge the things.
Could be. I remember they didn't have the CE 04 last year. The person in charge told me they would let corporate know. I guess my request went nowhere.

I found the BMW demo truck schedule and it will NOT be at the BMW MOA national rally in June. Instead, it will be at the Laconia Motorcycle Week.

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/experience/events.html

Good lord, I can't imagine Harley not sending their demos to a national Harley event. Then again, given the choice between 5000 (admitted BMW fans) and 200,000 degenerate motorcycle enthusiasts, I suppose it makes sense for BMW to choose the latter. I don't know. For all the corporate apologist log rolling that the MOA does on behalf of BMW, you'd think the company would send the club a demo truck as a thank you.

Dealers in Houston got their orders in. I'll try and go check it out this weekend.

GNKFUrjXsAE6djN?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

GNKFUrkW8AE5qhE?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

GNKFUrmW8AAU5-5?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

GNKFUrkWEAADwEU?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

So far we haven't had an electric scooter at the first 5 BTH rallies. This year we have someone coming on a CE-04. It will be interesting but he won't be able to do any of our full day rides due to limited range.

So far we haven't had an electric scooter at the first 5 BTH rallies. This year we have someone coming on a CE-04. It will be interesting but he won't be able to do any of our full day rides due to limited range.
Is he the guy that post about his CE 04 in the electric bike section of ADVR? Maybe he can recharge during the lunch break? 20 to 80% charging shouldn't take too long. I wonder what kind of range he's gonna get with the elevation changes.

Is he the guy that post about his CE 04 in the electric bike section of ADVR? Maybe he can recharge during the lunch break? 20 to 80% charging shouldn't take too long. I wonder what kind of range he's gonna get with the elevation changes.
He said he expects 60 miles range in the mountains. That's not far enough to make it to lunch on some of our rides. You can read the discussion here: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/2024-beat-the-heat-scooter-rally.1696153/page-16#post-50324965

Yes that's the same guy who post in the electric bike forum. It will be interesting to follow what he does during the rally.
It will be interesting but no way would I even consider taking a bike with such a short range on any kind of trip. He will spend about as much time charging his scooter as he will riding.

I was able to get a test ride on a CE 02 today. Do I want one? Yes. Did I buy one? No. Both my wife and I rode it separately and a little bit together.

It's a great little bike. Fit and finish is beyond any reproach. It has quality suspension and brakes. Not sure it needs strong brakes as the bike pretty much stops on its own. Torque is awesome, power is okay: this ain't no Zero FXE. It's more like a GROM on steroids. My wife liked it too. She is petite and said the seat shape was cutting into her legs when she reaches for the ground. I didn't have any problem whatsoever. While the shape of the seat was fine it was incredibly hard. And I like hard seats. The comfort seat would be a must on this bike but it raises the seat height by one inch. That would be a problem for my wife.

I was pretty much ready to buy one. Dealer added the usual bullshit fees and I just said no. I asked the dealer to take out the addition $500 he was charging and he said no so we said our goodbyes. BMW list on their website a $595 shipping and handling fee. Not an $1,100 fee. So no, no, no, and no. It's funny too because the dealer I went to had 5 BMW CE 04 they can't sell. You'd think they'd want to sell an electric one but I guess greed is still more important.

We have 3 BMW dealers in the Houston area. One dealer sold their 2 CE 02 instantly. They have 1 more on order coming soon. The dealer I went to supposedly had 2 but they told me they only had one. The 3rd dealer didn't get theirs and said that they were still in New Jersey. One of the 2 scooters has a stop sale on it. Salesguy couldn't say why. Which brings me to believe that the dealer I went to has a second one (coming in) with a stop sale on it. Who knows. So something is going on with BMW. They had a stop sale last summer on everything but electric. Looks like it might be the opposite now.

GNUdgWWXQAAmJBo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

GNUdgWVXwAAGpig?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Last edited:
If you play the video, you will notice a "whine." It comes from the belt. This has been reported by some testers. I didn't 't ride it long enough to see if it's annoying or not. But you can tell.

Top Bottom Back Refresh