What's new

Cats doing Cat stuff

DJ_MI What is oatmeal up to ?
Usually Oatmeal is either hunting or sleeping. Lately he's been acting a little medieval, I think he's been practicing magic and trying to put a spell on us.

Here's what he usually is doing; just chillin'
IMG_0274_resize.JPG

Usually Oatmeal is either hunting or sleeping. Lately he's been acting a little medieval, I think he's been practicing magic and trying to put a spell on us.

Here's what he usually is doing; just chillin'
IMG_0274_resize.JPG
You broke the rules first. Cats do not like pictures taken of them. Especially when sleeping.

An old photo of Chester doing what he did best. Chester (then named Dr. Kitty) was our neighbor's cat. They moved to a pet restricted community (Celebration, FL) and couldn't take him. I agreed to look after him and make sure he didn't go hungry. Cat must have been psychic, he moved right in and took over. I think we kept him (or vice-versa) for another 15 years.

1714610905572.png

He and the dog were best buds.

1714612287328.png

Munchkin was a senior rescue when we got her (she reminded me of Chester) and has been with us several years. Her kidneys are failing and the vet gave her 3 months to live well over a year ago. She's still kicking.
1714611193375.png

And the current Cat in Charge;
I spotted this one on the back porch one morning at 0300. When we locked eyes, she ran and hid for about a week, but ate the food I put out. I named her O.C. for Outside Cat. She was to keep the rodents away. After a few weeks, SWMBO said "It's cold, let her inside". O.C. ran in, went straight to the bedroom and made herself at home on the bed. She's now Boo Boo. The 50+ pound dog is still afraid of her. I've pulled a couple of her claws out of the dog's fur. One day I'll manage to catch a video of her chasing the dog through the yard.
1714611263670.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh