What's new

COVID Check In

Be neat if it "comes back". Get a lot of riding in with the desolate roads.
Maybe shortly before next November…

I didn’t have a bike yet in 2020 unfortunately. I’m not sure it was even allowed to just ride around.

On March 23, Governor Gretchen Whitmer authorized Executive Order No. 2020-21, which temporarily requires individuals and businesses to suspend activities that are not "necessary to sustain or protect life."

There’s nothing like concocting a story with my kids before we’d drive around so they could get out of the house for a little bit and I could get a feel for how they were doing mentally. I’d rubber band my “safe passage letter” to my sleeve just in case.

It was, and I'll end it there not to take away from the start of the thread.
It wasn’t in Michigan under the “Stay-At-Home” order (Executive Order 2020-4) unless shopping or for work deemed “essential”.

I’ll stop now. 👍 Sorry to derail the thread.

Texas had/has a similar Rule (stay at home unless a necessary). But the Lone Star state allows hunting for Dove, Duck, Pheasant, Pig or Deer is a necessary, sustenance hunting, and running out to the ranch to check your gate or fences was also allowed.
Fishing too.

I Spent more time outside during covid, than I do now working.

Last edited:
A good metric to use is liquor stores.

If the liquor stores remain open, you're good.

I got it summer of 2022. I thought it was just a mild cold. We had an airshow that weekend, and I had to work. I couldn't just call in sick, no one else could do my job. Besides, it was just a mild cold, right? The day after the airshow I lost my sense of smell. Went and got a test, yep, covid. Now I have to stay home from work. I interacted with a LOT of people at the airshow.

This past summer my wife and kid got sick and it took awhile to shake. My wife lost her taste for a bit. Never got tested but I'm pretty sure it was covid. As for me? All I had was a sore throat the whole time they were sick.

You're listening to the wrong people if that is the case. :dunno
I don't, much, listen to people unless they've got something serious to say on the subject. People who have the cridentials and hands-on experience. I also tend to discount people who attempt to stiffle those people. Then, there are things like dictionaries, all of a sudden, changing the long standing deffinitions of words.

But you've got your beliefs and I've got mine so I'll leave it at that.

BTW, see if you can find me an honest list of people who died OF COVID and not WITH COVID.

Okay, this thread is getting a little side tracked. I started a new thread in CI as a place to steer your train towards when it's going off the rails:

200.gif

I just got over the flu. It made the two time I had covid seem like childs play. With covid I was able to change out the brake lines on my truck. With the flu all I could muster the energy to do was change the spark plugs on my truck :fitz

I just got over the flu. It made the two time I had covid seem like childs play. With covid I was able to change out the brake lines on my truck. With the flu all I could muster the energy to do was change the spark plugs on my truck :fitz
I really don't get sick. Had the flu once in my early twenties. Back when doctors were allowed to be useful. He gave me a steroid shot, some amoxicillin and I was driving a race car the next day. Seen my wife with the flu and it totally wrecks her. That's scary stuff. Glad you're feeling better now.

I’ve had some bad flus over the years. I had the swine flu which was pretty harsh. For me the difference between the covids and the flu was that the flu could be way more intense but didn’t linger as long as the covids did.

All the covid hype made me a little nervous the first time I got it. At first I was sending memes to my work text group but later that night I started to worry unnecessarily and regretting sending the memes because if I didn’t make it through the night that’s how everyone would remember; as the guy who was always making stupid jokes at the most inappropriate times I felt better once I realized that that’s how I would’ve been remembered anyhow. :lol2

Top Bottom Back Refresh