What's new

COVID Check In

No, I'm not all over the map at all. I simply told Amos that he was being rude by giving Expat shit about Ivermectin being only for horses, which isn't true. You jumped in and started claiming I was thinking with my emotions, which also isn't true. I'm not recapping everything. It's all still there to read.

Amos, you've chosen to believe something different than what ExPat does, but that doesn't give you the right to start going after him. I don't know what your leaders are telling you that's called, but out here in reality it's called acting shitty.

The funny thing is you going after me is you (by your own words) being intentionally acting shitty, while I am not.

Horse pills continue being horse pills even if humans start to also use them. Tires don't stop being tires and become swings, just because someone makes a swing out of a tire.

I was finally bitten by covid yesterday. I felt fine in the morning but by the evening I had a strange sore throat and sinus symptoms. Two home tests confirmed it. So. I'm waiting for Kaiser to fill a Paxlovid prescription. In the meantime, besides a sore throat and sinus congestion, I have a runny nose, mild body aches, mild chills, malaise. Meh.

I'm vaxxed and fully boosted but my last booster -- bivalent -- was in June. I have no idea where I could have picked this up other than possibly/likely at the gym. No stores, parties, restaurants, offices, etc. Funny thing about the home covid test: I took two tests last night and the positive test line indicator lit up within two minutes. No need to wait (although I did) for the full 15 minutes to see the result.

Happy Holidays indeed!
Bummer. Sounds mildthough.

My daughter in Japan got it last week. First time as they are big into masks, even before COVID.

Bummer. Sounds mildthough.

My daughter in Japan got it last week. First time as they are big into masks, even before COVID.
How is she doing? Is Japan good with treatments? I'm hoping mine doesn't get any worse. My wife's nephew lives in Tokyo which until recently had been under rigid restrictions preventing family from visiting him. These new variants are tricky easy to catch.

How is she doing? Is Japan good with treatments? I'm hoping mine doesn't get any worse. My wife's nephew lives in Tokyo which until recently had been under rigid restrictions preventing family from visiting him. These new variants are tricky easy to catch.
Health care is very good there, and she has a mild case. She is a teacher in the town of Obihiro in Hokkaido, the northern Island and cases there have been few.

The funny thing is you going after me is you (by your own words) being intentionally acting shitty, while I am not.

Horse pills continue being horse pills even if humans start to also use them. Tires don't stop being tires and become swings, just because someone makes a swing out of a tire.
Here's the thing. Everything was fine until you openly looked down your nose upon Expat for holding a different viewpoint. In your own mind, you are free to believe that Ivermectin are "horse pills" even though you are aware of the fact that they are considered to be a wonder drug ( term given by the medical community, not me) over the past half of a century. The facts are in front of you, but you can believe "horse pills" if that's what you need. However, when your made up beliefs contradict known facts and then you act on all that in a condescending way to infer someone is inferior to you ... expect pushback. That is all.

I got it the first summer after the pandemic started, prior to any vaccines. I never got hospitalized, but it was difficult. Very similar to the flu, but the body aches were horrendous. The actual illness took about 3 weeks to recover from, and then another week to feel strong enough to go to work, with a lingering dry cough that took about a year to clear up. I got the vaccine and boosters as soon as I became eligible.

I had it back in October (first time). It started with some bad diarrhea for a day, then a couple of days later went to the worst 'flu symptoms I've ever had and I was basically in bed for 2 days - fever, aches, fatigue. Then still very fatigued / short of breath for about a week, brain fog for about another week or more after that, and a cough that wouldn't go away. I went to the doctor to get something for the persistent cough after a couple of weeks, but I stopped taking that medication after less than a week because it made my voice very hoarse and I'm on videoconferences for work pretty much all day. I'd had my initial shots and first booster, but I was waiting on my next booster to get with my 'flu shot later in October.

I had to transit thru Spain last month, Madird is on near lockdown, even had to wear a mask in the flight from Spain to France

No masks in Portugal last month.

On other news my SIL got COVID Christmas Eve. Not super sick, like a strong cold.

I teach so am around a lot of people every day, but no one that I interact with had it around the same time. I had it over Labor Day weekend and into the week. The worst headache I've ever experienced, fever, fatigue, lots of body aches.

Toward the end of my time with it my left ear was full and not draining, went to Dr. another week later and got a confirmed sinus infection diagnosis. Got antibiotics and in mid-October still had a full ear/hearing was horrible so went back to Dr. and they gave me a 2nd round of stronger antibiotics. Two more weeks and still had the ear problem so prescribed steroids to reduce some swelling in adenoids they thought might be the problem and referred me to the ENT. My Dr. told me that I was the 3rd person she'd seen in roughly 2 months that was experiencing a lack of drainage in one or both ears post-Covid.

Took 3 weeks to get into the ENT and the steroids had done the job for my ear, but I kept the appointment because I wanted them to have a look at my nose (had septoplasty and turbinate reduction in 2007) since my breathing has gradually gotten worse the past couple of years. Visible blockage way up in one nostril, STILL signs of sinus infection, and a CT scan discovered more tissue blocking my left maxillary sinus cavity (above left teeth).

I'm not trying to say that Covid caused any of the sinus issues, but it simply led me back to the ENT probably sooner than I would have otherwise. The septoplasty 15 years ago was damned miserable and not looking forward to a repeat surgery but looks like I'm going to get it anyway.

Day 20 and I'm still under the weather. I took Paxlovid for five days and felt better for a couple days afterward, but then rebounded right back into it. For whatever reason, I can't seem to make the corner and get back on my feet. And now I have the fun of sleepwalking through the day with brain fog. Maybe a 140mph ride up 101 in the rain would scare the covid out of me. I'll have to ask my doctor.

Day 20 and I'm still under the weather. I took Paxlovid for five days and felt better for a couple days afterward, but then rebounded right back into it. For whatever reason, I can't seem to make the corner and get back on my feet. And now I have the fun of sleepwalking through the day with brain fog. Maybe a 140mph ride up 101 in the rain would scare the covid out of me. I'll have to ask my doctor.
My Dr. told me that her clinic stopped prescribing Paxlovid due to that rebound.

My Dr. told me that her clinic stopped prescribing Paxlovid due to that rebound.
My doctor said he had a few other patients that experienced rebound as well but I don't know if Kaiser has stopped prescribing it. I think rebound is more common than Pfizer research states (around 6%). One question being investigated is whether the drug causes the rebound or whether the latest variants behave as the Alpha and Delta strains did, when the symptoms of those would abate around day 7 and then reappear a couple days later hitting the person harder.

Anyone get it lately? I don't watch the news anymore but I've heard it's a little more prevelant lately??

I've been oddly ill. Not terribly sick but just a wierd combination of symptoms. I took two tests today, both were negative. They are both expired by about 6 months though... :lol3

Wife worked in an 20,000 cas epicenter. She ended up retiring when a stroke victim 70yr old got pushed aside for county school vaccines. Wasnt the fing 1st . Our 80yr old neighbors were snubbed in testing. But hey ..chroline dioxide has never found its way into a into a nebulizer? Or led lights in a orfice in an office...ha watch the news of nonalchemy..

Btw wife did 25yrs on med surg floor...the burn out floor. We argue..but last covid shee had..stupid enough to get tested!...I kissed her on her lips. We ride effing motorcycles! I might have ripped trippy digis on my 2 mile commute today..but politics and tv dont exsist. Heyyaa.. Abott..that is different! No tv past Gilligans Island!...taken seriously.

Butt legionaires and lime diseases? Hvac systems and insurance...oh I freeking retire! Cruise ships and aeroplanes with crappy humidity control. Old buildings ..hey live like it is your last day!

Anyone get it lately? I don't watch the news anymore but I've heard it's a little more prevelant lately??

I've been oddly ill. Not terribly sick but just a wierd combination of symptoms. I took two tests today, both were negative. They are both expired by about 6 months though... :lol3
I got it back in the heydey. Had it again a couple weeks ago. Only reason I knew I had it again was sweet tea suddenly tastes like vegetable oil...couple days later it was back to normal.

Wife worked in an 20,000 cas epicenter. She ended up retiring when a stroke victim 70yr old got pushed aside for county school vaccines. Wasnt the fing 1st . Our 80yr old neighbors were snubbed in testing. But hey ..chroline dioxide has never found its way into a into a nebulizer? Or led lights in a orfice in an office...ha watch the news of nonalchemy..

Btw wife did 25yrs on med surg floor...the burn out floor. We argue..but last covid shee had..stupid enough to get tested!...I kissed her on her lips. We ride effing motorcycles! I might have ripped trippy digis on my 2 mile commute today..but politics and tv dont exsist. Heyyaa.. Abott..that is different! No tv past Gilligans Island!...taken seriously.

Butt legionaires and lime diseases? Hvac systems and insurance...oh I freeking retire! Cruise ships and aeroplanes with crappy humidity control. Old buildings ..hey live like it is your last day!
:lol3 My KLX has broken triple digits on a few occasions... though they were all while it was loaded in the back of my truck.

I'm not sweating it but I was going to ask if anyone else had weird symptoms the second time around?

I got it back in the heydey. Had it again a couple weeks ago. Only reason I knew I had it again was sweet tea suddenly tastes like vegetable oil...couple days later it was back to normal.
Did you test positive when you had it recently? Any other unusual symtoms this time?

My smelling is still a little off from when it had it in Dec '21. For a while any kind of cologne or perfume smelled like the cologne brand "Dior". It was strange. For the past few months a lot of fragrant scents smell like that fake floral aroma they put on plastic poop bags.

This time I feel achy and get hot/cold like I have a fever but I don't. I feel kind of like I have a cold but I'm not congested or runny at all. I have no energy just like last time I had it. My tinitus is as loud as ever which happens sometimes when I get sick. And I feel kind of retarded; slow. Both my wife and kid thought I was messing with them earlier (I mess with everyone a lot so not uncharacteristic) but I simply was having a hard time understanding or articulating. Not at an alarming level but enough to notice.

:lol3 My KLX has broken triple digits on a few occasions... though they were all while it was loaded in the back of my truck.

I'm not sweating it but I was going to ask if anyone else had weird symptoms the second time around?
6th disease from a a cowerkers kid about kllled me in 2017. 6 days of hallucinations and crazy fevers at night. 7th day hives and cutting grass 2ft tall 700 miles away from ohio..i 110f heat index..on vacation.8th day I felt reborn.

The chip pile coleman pics!! Last November I stirred up swanp dust.. 3 days of malaria type shaking for those dam pics! Ffd me up good!

Both epic rides! If ya aint hallucinating..your fever is controlled and your sick. But when you dream 4 days in a row about saving the world on some thermal blanket technology? Ya effing got 6th disease as an adult. Kinda like normal days with nora virus night convulsions with better visuals than any chemical.

Top Bottom Back Refresh