What's new

COVID Check In

:lol3:lol3 Sounds gnarly!

I'll admit, I'm a wimp when it comes to being sick. It's become a running joke between me and my wife. "You must have gotten the watered down version because it was so much rougher on me... I swear!" I'd tell her. :D

We had the swine flu together back when that was a thing. I suspect that she'd had it before and went into it with a little natural immunity that made it a lot easier on her than it was for me. :lol2

Wife tested positive a month ago. It was essentially the same sickness we had concurrently in '21. My unvaxxed self didn't catch it this time around :dunno

Did you test positive when you had it recently? Any other unusual symtoms this time?

My smelling is still a little off from when it had it in Dec '21. For a while any kind of cologne or perfume smelled like the cologne brand "Dior". It was strange. For the past few months a lot of fragrant scents smell like that fake floral aroma they put on plastic poop bags.

This time I feel achy and get hot/cold like I have a fever but I don't. I feel kind of like I have a cold but I'm not congested or runny at all. I have no energy just like last time I had it. My tinitus is as loud as ever which happens sometimes when I get sick. And I feel kind of retarded; slow. Both my wife and kid thought I was messing with them earlier (I mess with everyone a lot so not uncharacteristic) but I simply was having a hard time understanding or articulating. Not at an alarming level but enough to notice.
Same symptoms both times I had it. A little cough when I'd first wake up and acidic food/drinks don't taste right. I didn't get tested recently. The only reason I knew in had it the first time (did test positive) was my taste buds were obviously on the fritz and that symptom was commonly discussed. I hear you on scents. I'm sensitive to smell and can't tolerate chemical smells on a good day. COVID makes it worse.

I do residential HVAC work, so I'm in at least one strange house per day. Nobody in this area got excited about covid back in the day, and nobody ever ended up getting sick from it other than mild symptoms like mine.

A close buddy was forced to get the vaccine for work and has had trouble with headaches since. He's scared and fighting depression now.

A neighbor passed from a decades old battle with bladder cancer. Death certificate said covid and his widow WENT OFF right in the funeral home. It was wild. "Ma'am, if you don't fight this the govt will pay most of the funeral costs". Told him to go to hell on the spot.

Another friend came home to a cheating wife and ended up shooting himself in the head. His death certificate also said COVID on it. 🙄

Same symptoms both times I had it. A little cough when I'd first wake up and acidic food/drinks don't taste right. I didn't get tested recently. The only reason I knew in had it the first time (did test positive) was my taste buds were obviously on the fritz and that symptom was commonly discussed. I hear you on scents. I'm sensitive to smell and can't tolerate chemical smells on a good day. COVID makes it worse.

I do residential HVAC work, so I'm in at least one strange house per day. Nobody in this area got excited about covid back in the day, and nobody ever ended up getting sick from it other than mild symptoms like mine.

A close buddy was forced to get the vaccine for work and has had trouble with headaches since. He's scared and fighting depression now.

A neighbor passed from a decades old battle with bladder cancer. Death certificate said covid and his widow WENT OFF right in the funeral home. It was wild. "Ma'am, if you don't fight this the govt will pay most of the funeral costs". Told him to go to hell on the spot.

Another friend came home to a cheating wife and ended up shooting himself in the head. His death certificate also said COVID on it. 🙄
That’s crazy. I’ve heard stories like that before. I read a State Of Michigan document a few years ago and it explained the reporting criteria for the stats that they put out. It seemed as ridiculous as many of the other decisions they made at the time.

I’m feeling a little better today. I didn’t even consider going for a ride last night which is a sure sign I wasn’t feeling good. :imaposer I would’ve ridden to work today if I didn’t have to bring stuff with me that I couldn’t take on my bike. :thumb

I just opened another covids test. I can barely taste it….
:hide

IMG_1124.jpeg

My neighbor's friend was a wing rider and a hvac dude. He had a call in an old house and got exposed. The med establishment "verified" as covid. He got zero treatment and remarked that an another system made him ill years earlier...dead in 3 days...with no effing treatment.

Now..how do I call it..legionaires from the hvac system while working. Which means an insurance claim to the benifactors. My wife was exposed 20,000 times!! But only when the facility hot water heater burst in the attic..which saturated the carpet in the "med" office did she become ill. This is the biggest insurance ripoff known.

The 1st time she was ill...5 counties refused to test a med worker...why because of liability! Thank gawd she finally retired. My life is so much better! Kinda envisious of a union school teacher hanging out in Cancun for over a year..out of fear...pay me cause I'm sceared. Biggest money laundering scheme of my almost 50 yrs of life...we saved you by letting you die sounds like some "professionals" would rather tik tok or chill in Mexico. Dont effing care...what a lost cause!

I got it Jan 2020. I was one of the first lucky ones :lol2 Worked the whole time, it kinda sucked. Would have probably been less of an issue if I could have stayed home and slept. Probably infected half the people on the job site. You're welcome......

Did not get the jab, it didn't come out till long after I had it so what's the point.

Thanks! I still deal with long haul issues, like Costochondritis (chest inflammation) and some weird heart stuff, but overall doing well. It’s wild how differently Covid affects people.
Earlier this year I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack. I didn't feel like I was going to die immediately so I waited for the first available doctor appointment. Blood work came back that I had one, they scheduled a stress test. It took a month for the insurance to ok it and get a slot:topes by the time it came around I was feeling better. After the test the doctor said there's was nothing wrong and to stop bothering him.

So, rona issues? Getting old? To much partying in my youth? To many bicycle/skateboard/motorcycle/ATC/car crashes? Who fucking knows. All I know is if I have a real issue my insurance is useless.

Earlier this year I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack. I didn't feel like I was going to die immediately so I waited for the first available doctor appointment. Blood work came back that I had one, they scheduled a stress test. It took a month for the insurance to ok it and get a slot:topes by the time it came around I was feeling better. After the test the doctor said there's was nothing wrong and to stop bothering him.

So, rona issues? Getting old? To much partying in my youth? To many bicycle/skateboard/motorcycle/ATC/car crashes? Who fucking knows. All I know is if I have a real issue my insurance is useless.
That's a crazy shame. I feel much the same way; the crazy thing is we pay so much more for so much less.

I take an asprin at breakfast and lunch. I run around at work all day. All it took was a team member gone and a fast cycle time...I went into serious Afib for an hr.
The first time was the other job. It was worse..I couldn't figure why I couldnt breathe. I excepted my fate and said what a ride. Wife said that probally saved me. It was calmest feeling I had till I realized I was still standing and was having heart trouble. I massaged my neck and sat down. Wife came to work almost 2hrs later..heartrate still over 140. Everyone said go to the er. I resonded why so I can get a heart attack from a $3500 er bill in two weeks...for nothing done or solved. Screw that I finnished the rest of the work day.

I avoided covid. The French government closed borders and imposed quarantine, masks, distancing and travel restrictions. Draconian, but I was okay with it and it may have had an effect. My home was an isolation zone because of high risk residents. It is a big enough property to avoid going crazy and everyone observed the same rules. I was outside the gates a couple of times and each time I went through two weeks of quarantine to get back in.

I am still masking, observing distancing, using hand cleaner often and an abundance of caution and haven't had so much as the common cold since 2019.
Old people should be very careful.

...Old... people should be very careful.
Phixed for you Jim !

I got COVID , once, that was it. And I fly well-over 250,000 miles a year for meetings and site construction visits. In the back of the plane mind you.

Guess where I contracted COVID ? At my Doctors office during a PT session for Rehab when I added the TI to my leg to Pin it

Got COVID from my Phys Therapist. :fpalm

You would think the Sr. PT with a med degree would stay the fuck home if they were sick.

Last edited:
I avoided covid. The French government closed borders and imposed quarantine, masks, distancing and travel restrictions. Draconian, but I was okay with it and it may have had an effect. My home was an isolation zone because of high risk residents. It is a big enough property to avoid going crazy and everyone observed the same rules. I was outside the gates a couple of times and each time I went through two weeks of quarantine to get back in.

I am still masking, observing distancing, using hand cleaner often and an abundance of caution and haven't had so much as the common cold since 2019.
Being in lockdown sounds like no way to live.

Old people should be very careful.
And so should men according to this article.

“A study showed that men were more prone to develop a severe form of the disease, and were at 2.4 times higher risk of death compared to women”

Be neat if it "comes back". Get a lot of riding in with the desolate roads.

Top Bottom Back Refresh