What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

Be nice wrench to purchase if the shortened end incorporated a spok wrench end. Not sure if there is enough metal to slot the end...enough for loose spokes?
It's a mini-slugger. It'd be easy to mill a spoke wrench slot in one, but I doubt it'd hold up well to beating on it.

1712186104737.png

Be nice wrench to purchase if the shortened end incorporated a spok wrench end. Not sure if there is enough metal to slot the end...enough for loose spokes?
That would be handy addition to the otherwise useless end of that cut off wrench.

I never even considered taking a spoke wrench for that trip. My tool kit was pared down to only what I absolutely would have needed to get me off the trail. It turned out that actually needed the tool kit on that ride when a coolant hose popped off somehow.

An option for a compact spoke tool could be one of these from a spoke torque wrench. They're about $15.
6pt_head.jpg

That would be handy addition to the otherwise useless end of that cut off wrench.

I never even considered taking a spoke wrench for that trip. My tool kit was pared down to only what I absolutely would have needed to get me off the trail. It turned out that actually needed the tool kit on that ride when a coolant hose popped off somehow.

An option for a compact spoke tool could be one of these from a spoke torque wrench. They're about $15.
6pt_head.jpg

Just curious..have you spun the wheels and "tinged" the spokes lately?

Just curious..have you spun the wheels and "tinged" the spokes lately?
I spent a lot of time truing the front last year. I have pics somewhere but I'd guess it was September or October.

I've cleaned the rear spokes recently but I didn't tap on them. I use a piece of paracord looped around the spoke and pull it back and forth sorta "shoe shine" style. I didn't notice any obviously loose.

Why do you ask? Should I zip tie them in preparation for imminent failure? :lol2

I spent a lot of time truing the front last year. I have pics somewhere but I'd guess it was September or October.

I've cleaned the rear spokes recently but I didn't tap on them. I use a piece of paracord looped around the spoke and pull it back and forth sorta "shoe shine" style. I didn't notice any obviously loose.

Why do you ask? Should I zip tie them in preparation for imminent failure? :lol2
I use sound. If the spokes all have the same tone...it's good. But the nipples could be seized. The salt was also hard on the hub to spoke contact. Dam electrolyte... good thing you don't have a "no maintenance" ev moto. I always wanted to see if a zero bike would last through 100s of salt coverings...

Maceday Lake in Waterford. My parents had a little cottage here when I was a kid. I spent hours and hours practicing on my Jet Ski here preparing to race. In my first race if I wasn’t last I was close to it. I crashed my bicycle not long after and broke my clavicle so I missed the next race of the summer. My parents sold the cottage the next year and along with it went my Jet Ski racing career.
IMG_7097.jpeg

This little party store was up the street from the cottage. I somehow discovered that a guy who worked there sold fireworks out of his trunk. It was the first time I got real M-80s. I was the envy of all the neighborhood pyro kids. I sold a few to the our local paperboy. Pretty soon that kid was knocking on my door regularly wanting more. I was starting to get concerned that he wasn’t going to have the money to pay for his newspapers and I’d get in trouble so I shut it down.
IMG_7059.jpeg

Top Bottom Back Refresh