What's new

give us a good photo - no politics please

1000000479.jpg

My ride today. They picked me up and got me drunk :drink

Chevy has been imported around 10 years ago from Texas and full refurbished since with 350hp V8.. oh dear, Its like a mascot for my subcintractor and has the same color scheme (energyexpert!) they used to have back in the days. Year of the van is the very same when they founded the company, 1969.

IMG_4590.jpeg

Attachments

• 887f3a68-85e2-4258-bd1a-6031ee02a7d7.mov
    2.2 MB
My ride today. They picked me up and got me drunk :drink

Chevy has been imported around 10 years ago from Texas and full refurbished since with 350hp V8.. oh dear, Its like a mascot for my subcintractor and has the same color scheme (energyexpert!) they used to have back in the days. Year of the van is the very same when they founded the company, 1969.

IMG_4590.jpeg
This picture brought back some memories. My Dad had a '66 Chevy van like this when I was maybe 5 year old. He'd just started out on his own, leaving commercial HVAC in favor for running his own residential HVAC company ( it worked, we're still working !) He was dead broke with two young kids and the radiator in the van was crumbling. He cut up a few old AC coils and rigged them under the van to keep it cool. It worked. My mom couldn't drive it ( legs too short to push the clutch in) so he found an automatic transmission to put in it. The rear end was geared way low for the automatic so it ended being very punchy and would actually throw you back pretty good.

As a kid I had a bad reputation for peeling stickers off stuff I wasn't supposed, and tearing up knobs/handles that I couldn't help myself to be curious about. Dad saw me messing with the push button on the glove box one day and when I finally pressed it he mashed the gas and sent me flying back in to the seat. I was stunned and he acted surprised, too. "Woah! What was that?? Did you push that button?? Be careful with that button! That turns on the jet boosters!" It's my Dad and I was 5, of course I believed him 😁 I would occasionally try to push the button and look in the mirror to see the jet boosters kicking on, so I never saw him just mashing the gas pedal. I hit that button so many times. One day he didn't notice. "Dad, the jet boosters aren't working", as I'm pushing away on the button. He tapped on the dash ...." Oh, they're out of gas. We gotta get some". We stopped and he filled em up and told me when he was ready to push the button when he were leaving the gas station. Weeeee!

This picture brought back some memories. My Dad had a '66 Chevy van like this when I was maybe 5 year old. He'd just started out on his own, leaving commercial HVAC in favor for running his own residential HVAC company ( it worked, we're still working !) He was dead broke with two young kids and the radiator in the van was crumbling. He cut up a few old AC coils and rigged them under the van to keep it cool. It worked. My mom couldn't drive it ( legs too short to push the clutch in) so he found an automatic transmission to put in it. The rear end was geared way low for the automatic so it ended being very punchy and would actually throw you back pretty good.

As a kid I had a bad reputation for peeling stickers off stuff I wasn't supposed, and tearing up knobs/handles that I couldn't help myself to be curious about. Dad saw me messing with the push button on the glove box one day and when I finally pressed it he mashed the gas and sent me flying back in to the seat. I was stunned and he acted surprised, too. "Woah! What was that?? Did you push that button?? Be careful with that button! That turns on the jet boosters!" It's my Dad and I was 5, of course I believed him 😁 I would occasionally try to push the button and look in the mirror to see the jet boosters kicking on, so I never saw him just mashing the gas pedal. I hit that button so many times. One day he didn't notice. "Dad, the jet boosters aren't working", as I'm pushing away on the button. He tapped on the dash ...." Oh, they're out of gas. We gotta get some". We stopped and he filled em up and told me when he was ready to push the button when he were leaving the gas station. Weeeee!
Great memories!

My father used also run his own HVAC company.. first as plumber in bigger companies and then gradueded B.Eng. and later got own company.
So I’ve spent most of my summers at company warehouse and at sites. When I was growing up I was thinking that I want to do anything but plumbing bussines so I studied energy tech and this summer I`ve been working in district heating bussines for 20 years wich got me pretty deep in plumbing after all :hmmmmm
My father used to co-operate with these guys with chevy and I carry on.. elders are allready six feet under.

Dude, that's wild. That's one of those things that if you saw it in something like a movie about Mars you'd think, "well, that looks impossible. They went too far". So the fact that it's real is just crazy. Thanks for sharing. That's awesome.

Top Bottom Back Refresh